OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OruxMaps Features?

2 posters

Go down

OruxMaps Features? Empty OruxMaps Features?

Post  Icarus Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi. I`m trying to decide between a number of options for an aviation moving map display. One option is Windows based, one is iPhone based and OruxMaps seems the best option for Android.
Before I get an Android device, could you clarify if OruxMaps has the following features? -
1. ETA for the next waypoint/turnpoint with a resolution to seconds. ie. Estimated Time of Arrival in UTC (Universal Time Coordinate) in format HH:MM:SS.
2. CDI (Course Deviation Indicator). A graphical representation of distance off track between two waypoints.
3. Track made Good. Magnetic track based on sequential GPS positions.
Despite reading the manual, I couldn`t positively establish if these features exist???
Thanks!

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps Features? Empty Re: OruxMaps Features?

Post  orux Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Icarus wrote:Hi. I`m trying to decide between a number of options for an aviation moving map display. One option is Windows based, one is iPhone based and OruxMaps seems the best option for Android.
Before I get an Android device, could you clarify if OruxMaps has the following features? -
1. ETA for the next waypoint/turnpoint with a resolution to seconds. ie. Estimated Time of Arrival in UTC (Universal Time Coordinate) in format HH:MM:SS.
2. CDI (Course Deviation Indicator). A graphical representation of distance off track between two waypoints.
3. Track made Good. Magnetic track based on sequential GPS positions.
Despite reading the manual, I couldn`t positively establish if these features exist???
Thanks!

Hi;

ETA--> no; ETE in minutes resolution.
CDI--> no;
TMG--> no;

may be in future versions,

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:42 am

Thanks Orux,

Those features would make OruxMaps the perfect aviation companion. If you ever incorporate them, that would be brilliant! Some of the new 7" Android devices will be ideal for size in the cockpit environment.

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down