OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new beta 3.52 some features not working..

4 posters

Go down

new beta 3.52 some features not working.. Empty new beta 3.52 some features not working..

Post  lohtse Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:04 am

LOOOOOOVE the new version...BUT this doesn't work - Show map pseudo3d. Slide two fingers on the screen (like google maps) and change the perspective of viewing the map........

using hero and desire s. both on 2.2 droid... and doesnt work...just zooms in etc...

lohtse

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

new beta 3.52 some features not working.. Empty Re: new beta 3.52 some features not working..

Post  orux Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:55 pm

lohtse wrote:LOOOOOOVE the new version...BUT this doesn't work - Show map pseudo3d. Slide two fingers on the screen (like google maps) and change the perspective of viewing the map........

using hero and desire s. both on 2.2 droid... and doesnt work...just zooms in etc...

Hmmm, not easy distinguish between pitch to zoom & change perspective gestures;

please, try with new 3.5.3beta,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

new beta 3.52 some features not working.. Empty Beta 3.5.3

Post  Psycogeek Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:17 pm

I beta tested 3.5.3 today for a few hours.
reminded me why i dont like to beta test :-) but if i could somehow help by testing.

i cant change the psudo 3D perspective at all, I cant do pinch on a resistive screen, (no Multitouch) or i just couldnt figure out how to get that going. if a 3D perspective worked, just a adjustment in settings would be effective.
Whatever it was doing, it was messy and slow, when i put it into "map orientation Direction up"
it even seemed to pop back to flat when map changed or something. today i was driving, which is different, and i was using a very close map, to close even, everything was struggling , including me trying to see it. Even the screen shows the white space edges of the map at certian angles.

The curser being lower was great, and a good reason to keep using the beta i dont like, but i couldnt take it anymore and switched back to 3.4.2
On the curser being lower when there is a Bunch of stuff at the bottom, the curser is almost to low. but i dont even like the stuff at the bottom, i just need it. again the text it grey on grey , no way am i going to be able to read it quick when driving.

It was night, so i adjusted the night mode and it acted a bit weird (on either version) but luckily it allows enough manuel adjustments i was able to get a screen that was slightly darker than just turning the light down on the machine, but on my machine it did not respond like a person would expect. rightly i dont even know what it is doing? adjusting the light or overlaying a black mask, which could have made things slower again.

The compass thing didnt do anything right, i dont have a compass, but i do have an accelerometer, and i have GPS, which when moving can be a compass., but it didnt work right in landscape orientations either?

The statistics screen has always had such tiny text i have to struggle to read it, and my High-Res screen is some 2x bigger than a phone screen, i dont know how anybody can easily access that info. so i really dont even bother with statistics, i would have to get a magnifyer out to use it :-)
so
this new screen has much bigger items in it, and i was able to read it much better.
BUT
it is all artsey and Windows 7 like BS, instead of crisp clean high contrast text. so it is finnaly big enough, but still not very readable. Really if people are into Cute pictures and Areo and cute little interfaces, are they they same people who are going to be working on what is some serious GPS ? with White text a Dark Blue would work great, but a lite blue is almost white already. But if you happen to use a black background :-) you could use hundreds of different colored texts.

Tracking Logging:
on BOTH versions , for some reason when i engage LOGGING on my machine , it Balks, it stops, it takes about 2 minutes before logging actually engages? I keep thinking it is something i am doing, or the way my machine acts, but there is not much Happening, so why does it take so long to do it? 2 times it has actually locked up when going into tracking logging. (or i am to impatient to wait that long for such a simple thing). Many times after engaging tracking i get a "force close" and i tell it to wait, it usually FINNALY starts tracking.

It DID work, and there is of course a long list of things that worked great, i just did not detail all the things that worked in my post.
other than the logging and the slow down (which we had to know that more work is gonna be slower) it did not seem "buggy" or unusable, and it is steps in the right direction.
Keep up the good work. Or to repeat what has been said, Muchas gracias por este excelente programa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
i made some slightly bigger arrow cursers if anyone would like them.

free to use any way you want, colors can be changed by just shifting the hue, the LG ones are HUGE :-) they are all to thick, the "inner" arrow designates the actual gps location, and the whole thing points.

Free servers, but watch out for the crud, Do a "properties" on the link and remove whatever trash is occuring to the links.
https://rapidshare.com/files/459441259/mapcursors.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j86rdloy3h8l8vp

Last edited by Psycogeek on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

new beta 3.52 some features not working.. Empty Re: new beta 3.52 some features not working..

Post  Psycogeek Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:33 am

Edited the above so it is more correct.
tracking Logging lock-up/slowdown only occurs when there is already a track in existance. even if the previous track is not corrupt.
if the previous track is corrupt, then is when i think it fails entirely.
mabey has something to do with using FAT32 for faster file system, i will switch to EXT3 file system, and see if it does the same thing.

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Psycogeek wrote:Edited the above so it is more correct.
tracking Logging lock-up/slowdown only occurs when there is already a track in existance. even if the previous track is not corrupt.
if the previous track is corrupt, then is when i think it fails entirely.
mabey has something to do with using FAT32 for faster file system, i will switch to EXT3 file system, and see if it does the same thing.

Hi;

thanks for your suggestions;

working to solve the issues,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  lohtse Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 am

apologies for late reply... Been away on a training exercise due to work .

Anyway before I went I updated to 3.5.3 and dam wish I hadn't(gone back to 3.4.2) soooo buggy and laggy to degree oruxmaps was useless and add to this all my pre made maps which worked perfectly only showed 10km square blocks so when zooming out you couldn't see complete map and move to area you wanted to instead you had to guess and move.... such a shame as new features look sooooooooooo promising. on a plus note got the 3d thing working :-) but at the cost of speed, bugs and lack of zooming out and panning... Sorry but 3.42 is perfect 3.5x is pants and has ruined a dam perfect app...

Hope you fix issues myself and others have mentioned...

regards
Lohtse

lohtse

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu May 05, 2011 5:57 pm

lohtse wrote:apologies for late reply... Been away on a training exercise due to work .

Anyway before I went I updated to 3.5.3 and dam wish I hadn't(gone back to 3.4.2) soooo buggy and laggy to degree oruxmaps was useless and add to this all my pre made maps which worked perfectly only showed 10km square blocks so when zooming out you couldn't see complete map and move to area you wanted to instead you had to guess and move.... such a shame as new features look sooooooooooo promising. on a plus note got the 3d thing working :-) but at the cost of speed, bugs and lack of zooming out and panning... Sorry but 3.42 is perfect 3.5x is pants and has ruined a dam perfect app...

Hope you fix issues myself and others have mentioned...

regards
Lohtse

Hi;

This is why this is a 'New experimental version 3.5.3'

Without test, no evolution Smile

I promise a better version soon;

But I need people to test,...

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Fri May 06, 2011 6:53 am

Can we install experimental version parallel to stable? I am willing to test, but I need to keep working version running on my phone.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down