OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can't switch from online to offline maps

2 posters

Go down

can't switch from online to offline maps Empty can't switch from online to offline maps

Post  androne Mon May 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi, it looks like it's not mentioned elsewhere: I'm not able to switch from off-line maps to on-line maps (and vice versa) by "maps" key. It's necessary to exit to orux main screen, interrupting track log.
Thank you for your great work!

androne

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

can't switch from online to offline maps Empty Re: can't switch from online to offline maps

Post  orux Mon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm

androne wrote:Hi, it looks like it's not mentioned elsewhere: I'm not able to switch from off-line maps to on-line maps (and vice versa) by "maps" key. It's necessary to exit to orux main screen, interrupting track log.
Thank you for your great work!

Hi, thanks;

Which OruxMaps version, 3.4.2 or last beta?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

can't switch from online to offline maps Empty Re: can't switch from online to offline maps

Post  androne Mon May 30, 2011 7:47 pm

3.5.9 and 3.5.10 tested today

androne

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon May 30, 2011 7:58 pm

androne wrote:3.5.9 and 3.5.10 tested today

Did you have your offline maps in a directory different than /oruxmaps/mapfiles/ directory?

What do you see if you use 'maps' button?

What happens if you use 'offline' and 'online' buttons in map selector dialog?
can't switch from online to offline maps Devicej

thanks!

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  androne Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 am

Hi, the directory is correct.
But I think i have a database problem because in the screen that you posted I always get a "refresh maps DB" button (don't know if it is the right name in English).
Sorry I can't make a screen-shot cause I don't have root.

androne

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:46 pm

androne wrote:Hi, the directory is correct.
But I think i have a database problem because in the screen that you posted I always get a "refresh maps DB" button (don't know if it is the right name in English).
Sorry I can't make a screen-shot cause I don't have root.

Hi; I think this is not the last version; please, reinstall last beta --> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  androne Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:12 am

Hi, installed version 3.5.11, same situation. Well, actually it isn't a big issue, I'm able to use it almost normally.
Is there a way to reset the DB and rebuild it, just to make sure anything is right...
TNX

androne

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:04 pm

androne wrote:Hi, installed version 3.5.11, same situation. Well, actually it isn't a big issue, I'm able to use it almost normally.
Is there a way to reset the DB and rebuild it, just to make sure anything is right...
TNX

hmm, you have to see, from main Oruxmaps screen (selecting offline maps):

can't switch from online to offline maps Device1q

If you are in the map viewer, menu--maps or maps button, you should see (I am going to change the text of the buttons):

can't switch from online to offline maps Devicell

Sorry; your locale? I assumed it was German, I do not know why.

is right?

orux

Last edited by orux on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : uppss, your locale?)
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  androne Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 am

The first screen is pretty much the same, exept for the translation that is italian Smile
I have two buttons "Aggiorna il DB delle mappe" and "Online".
But in the second one, menu/maps, I have again only the same two button "Aggiorna il DB delle mappe" and "Online".
This happen in portrait mode, because I noticed that rotating in landscape mode the third button "Alle mappe online" is appearing.
It's like if the huge "Aggiorna il DB delle mappe" button is hiding the other one...
Well I still don't understand the "Online" button function, that was one of the thing disorienting me...
By the way, I've made a donation, once again thank you for your work!

androne

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:09 pm

androne wrote:The first screen is pretty much the same, exept for the translation that is italian Smile
I have two buttons "Aggiorna il DB delle mappe" and "Online".
But in the second one, menu/maps, I have again only the same two button "Aggiorna il DB delle mappe" and "Online".
This happen in portrait mode, because I noticed that rotating in landscape mode the third button "Alle mappe online" is appearing.
It's like if the huge "Aggiorna il DB delle mappe" button is hiding the other one...
Well I still don't understand the "Online" button function, that was one of the thing disorienting me...
By the way, I've made a donation, once again thank you for your work!

Hi, androne;

thanks;

It is a problem with the length of the Italian string.

It should be solved with last .12beta -->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

offline button-->updates offline maps database (use it if you make changes in the map calibration files by hand.
online button-->updates online maps database (with this versions, online sources are externalised to a xml file, use this button if you make changes in this file by hand)

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down