OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waypoints not associating with current track

3 posters

Go down

Waypoints not associating with current track Empty Waypoints not associating with current track

Post  teddyearp Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 am

Hi, been a while. Motorola A855 Droid 1, Froyo 2.2 (cyanogenmod 6.1.2) Oruxmaps 3.4.2.

I just got done with a nice road trip vacation all the while creating tracks to later upoad to everytrail. However, some of my waypoints, though they did get saved, they're not saved within the track. And I find a few extra tracks showing zero miles on those days.

I went the long way around the barn to load a track, then start track logging, then hit "continue" and then with some of the map finageling and long pressing and such, get the missing waypoint to save to the track (I admit, I lack some details here, sorry), and then after all that, since it was the next day, I was several miles away from the end point and the track got ammended with a long straight line to my actual location.

Any help as to how to do this right, please?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

teddyearp

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

Waypoints not associating with current track Empty Re: Waypoints not associating with current track

Post  orux Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:23 pm

teddyearp wrote:Hi, been a while. Motorola A855 Droid 1, Froyo 2.2 (cyanogenmod 6.1.2) Oruxmaps 3.4.2.

I just got done with a nice road trip vacation all the while creating tracks to later upoad to everytrail. However, some of my waypoints, though they did get saved, they're not saved within the track. And I find a few extra tracks showing zero miles on those days.

I went the long way around the barn to load a track, then start track logging, then hit "continue" and then with some of the map finageling and long pressing and such, get the missing waypoint to save to the track (I admit, I lack some details here, sorry), and then after all that, since it was the next day, I was several miles away from the end point and the track got ammended with a long straight line to my actual location.

Any help as to how to do this right, please?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Hi, teddyearp;

It is best to start a new segment for each new day, especially if you start your new track far from you stopped last day.

You may have created the wpts without having your track loaded into the viewer, so it has created a new track (zero length). If you close the application, and android force OruxMaps to close, you may reopen it and load the old track. When you want to continue an old track, or add new wpts, verify that you have it loaded (for example, going to 'starting point').

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Waypoints not associating with current track Empty Re: Waypoints not associating with current track

Post  teddyearp Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:06 am

orux wrote:
Hi, teddyearp;

It is best to start a new segment for each new day, especially if you start your new track far from you stopped last day.

You may have created the wpts without having your track loaded into the viewer, so it has created a new track (zero length). If you close the application, and android force OruxMaps to close, you may reopen it and load the old track. When you want to continue an old track, or add new wpts, verify that you have it loaded (for example, going to 'starting point').

orux
I did start new tracks for each day, but I think you are right about making sure the current track is fully loaded. I feel I did leave out some info.

What I was doing was creating a new track each day, most times the new track would start far from the prior days tracks' ending point. The problem was that for each waypoint, I was switching to the camera to take a picture to be saved with each waypoint as well. So when I used the 'long press' of the home button to switch back to orux to create the waypoint, I probably didn't wait long enough. I noticed each time that orux would say "restoring previous state" and if I didn't see the track logging items, I would load the track and then start track logging and select "continue".

But, my question really is how can I take these waypoints and now add them to the track(s)? I did one, but then it added a straight line to the end of the track to my current location several miles away from where I actually ended for that particular day.

teddyearp

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:24 pm

teddyearp wrote:
orux wrote:
Hi, teddyearp;

orux
I did start new tracks for each day, but I think you are right about making sure the current track is fully loaded. I feel I did leave out some info.

What I was doing was creating a new track each day, most times the new track would start far from the prior days tracks' ending point. The problem was that for each waypoint, I was switching to the camera to take a picture to be saved with each waypoint as well. So when I used the 'long press' of the home button to switch back to orux to create the waypoint, I probably didn't wait long enough. I noticed each time that orux would say "restoring previous state" and if I didn't see the track logging items, I would load the track and then start track logging and select "continue".

But, my question really is how can I take these waypoints and now add them to the track(s)? I did one, but then it added a straight line to the end of the track to my current location several miles away from where I actually ended for that particular day.

It seems that android kills OruxMaps map when you open the camera; this is not normal. Anyway, I'm going to change anything about it.

Currently you can not add an existing wpt to track, but you can create a new one. But I will try to add this option in next versions

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  pelleoss Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:07 am

orux wrote:
Currently you can not add an existing wpt to track, but you can create a new one. But I will try to add this option in next versions

orux

It would be great!!!
Yes, pleeeeeease!!!!

I created a waypoint that can be useful for several track. I'd like to have the possibility to insert it in as many tracks as I want.
Right now I'm only able to show it on the map with a track loaded, but when I close and I try to reopen the same map and track, the waypoint is gone Sad

Thanks,
Claudio:)
pelleoss
pelleoss

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down