OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create waypoints with custom alarm sounds

3 posters

Go down

Create waypoints with custom alarm sounds Empty Create waypoints with custom alarm sounds

Post  OruxFan Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:50 am

Hello Jose,

first of all thank you very much for this awsome software. Its definitely my No. 1 GPS software on Android.

I generally generate offline maps and use them for navigation. For this i create a track file. On the track i put waypoints at positions where the direction is not clear, i.e. at branching of roads or intersections where i have to turn. Then i use the Waypoint alarm and connect an alarm sound. The sound was created via a TTS tool. When i reach the waypoint it now says something like "you reached a waypoint" and i know that i need to be carefull with the direction.

This method works quite well. However, i am thinking it would be much better if i could attach a custom sound to each waypoint. This way i could create sound files like "keep left", "keep right", "turn left", "turn right", .... and the navigation would be similar to a real navigation system. The sound files could be also offered to the user in form of a bullet list when the waypoint is created.

The alarm sound management would benefit from the possibility to load not only system sounds as they have to be in special directories. I would prefer to store these files in a subfolder of Oruxmaps.

Oh my god so many wishes Smile

Greets from Taiwan

OruxFan

OruxFan

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Create waypoints with custom alarm sounds Empty Re: Create waypoints with custom alarm sounds

Post  atzi Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:21 pm

I also suggested something similar a few months back, here.

atzi

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Create waypoints with custom alarm sounds Empty Re: Create waypoints with custom alarm sounds

Post  orux Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

OruxFan wrote:Hello Jose,

first of all thank you very much for this awsome software. Its definitely my No. 1 GPS software on Android.

I generally generate offline maps and use them for navigation. For this i create a track file. On the track i put waypoints at positions where the direction is not clear, i.e. at branching of roads or intersections where i have to turn. Then i use the Waypoint alarm and connect an alarm sound. The sound was created via a TTS tool. When i reach the waypoint it now says something like "you reached a waypoint" and i know that i need to be carefull with the direction.

This method works quite well. However, i am thinking it would be much better if i could attach a custom sound to each waypoint. This way i could create sound files like "keep left", "keep right", "turn left", "turn right", .... and the navigation would be similar to a real navigation system. The sound files could be also offered to the user in form of a bullet list when the waypoint is created.

The alarm sound management would benefit from the possibility to load not only system sounds as they have to be in special directories. I would prefer to store these files in a subfolder of Oruxmaps.

Oh my god so many wishes Smile

Greets from Taiwan

OruxFan

Hi,

Thanks;

If you append sounds like extensions to the wpt (using the recorder, for example) you will hear this sound instead of the selected ring tone.

But atzi is right; I have to improve this feature, and allow text to speech with wpts.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down