OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert (.jpg/.png + .map) files to oruxmaps?

2 posters

Go down

Convert (.jpg/.png + .map) files to oruxmaps? Empty Convert (.jpg/.png + .map) files to oruxmaps?

Post  marc035 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Hello,

I have a huge amount of .jpg/.png + .map files, can I convert them to oruxmaps?

I have used a script to convert them to ecw for ttmaps, and it takes more than a day on a quad core cpu ..

France alone is 5800 tiles jpg+map files ....

I use gdal.org + ecw sources for it.

Thanks,
Marc

marc035

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down

Convert (.jpg/.png + .map) files to oruxmaps? Empty Re: Convert (.jpg/.png + .map) files to oruxmaps?

Post  orux Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm

marc035 wrote:Hello,

I have a huge amount of .jpg/.png + .map files, can I convert them to oruxmaps?

I have used a script to convert them to ecw for ttmaps, and it takes more than a day on a quad core cpu ..

France alone is 5800 tiles jpg+map files ....

I use gdal.org + ecw sources for it.

Thanks,
Marc

Hi;

You can use OruxMapsDesktop to convert jpg + .map maps;

Go to web site (manuals)-->http://www.oruxmaps.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Convert (.jpg/.png + .map) files to oruxmaps? Empty Re: Convert (.jpg/.png + .map) files to oruxmaps?

Post  marc035 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:49 pm

orux wrote:

Hi;

orux

OK, that's fine, I see that ODK nicely accepts the map files on older 1/50000 maps from IGN.

I also have a cache from a gdal - wms I ran over the Belgian server for the 1/5000 maps.
Those contain .xml descriptions of the jpgs saved... Would that be accepted by Oruxdesktop, which other formats would be accepted?

The nice thing of this cache is I can reuse it to make the topo maps in another format (goetiff, ecw, 2000x2000, jpg, ..) without the need of the server, which is down now ...

Thanks, great!
Marc

marc035

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:55 pm

marc035 wrote:
orux wrote:

Hi;

orux

OK, that's fine, I see that ODK nicely accepts the map files on older 1/50000 maps from IGN.

I also have a cache from a gdal - wms I ran over the Belgian server for the 1/5000 maps.
Those contain .xml descriptions of the jpgs saved... Would that be accepted by Oruxdesktop, which other formats would be accepted?

The nice thing of this cache is I can reuse it to make the topo maps in another format (goetiff, ecw, 2000x2000, jpg, ..) without the need of the server, which is down now ...

Thanks, great!
Marc

Hi, Marc;

The simplest format, if you know the datum/projection, is the format .tfw .jgw, or .pgw.

Geotiff also, if you install the ImageIO tools.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  marc035 Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Whether I put the files in /sdcard/ruxmaps/mapfiles or in ../maps, nothing happens.

eg a set of maps is:
19-20 Roeselare.otrk2.xml OruxMapsImages.db

I don't see the gps start up either ...

I can select mapfiles or maps in the app, it only sees the standard world map...
(I'm always OFFLINE with this phone ..)

Marc

marc035

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down