OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All information lost

2 posters

Go down

All information lost Empty All information lost

Post  Ralphy Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:30 am

Hi,
I've been using Orux maps for at least 18months, and its been fabulous. However, last night I tried adding a map using the map creator within Orux maps (the program where you drag two points to each corner and download the selected area).

Before doing this, I had loads of tracks, and two very large (2gb each) maps created from a desktop map creator.

I also have a file manager app on my HTC desire, and I was using this to check the location of the saved map files.

In the morning, I attempted to access Orux maps, the program loaded up the main screen, and as I clicked on the offline maps button, the application froze. The screen flickered and the 'force close' message appeared. I forced close Orux maps, and reopened the app. It did exactly the same again, this time however, the phone wouldn't respond. I was forced to remove the battery from the phone and restart the phone. When I opened Orux maps again, all maps had been deleted, and all track logs lost. Nothing else on the phone had been lost.

Why would I lose all the information from Orux maps? I've had the two large maps on the phone for at least a year, and they have never moved. Neither has orux maps ever failed before.

Do you know how I can recover any of the information?

Ralphy

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

All information lost Empty Re: All information lost

Post  orux Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Ralphy wrote:Hi,
I've been using Orux maps for at least 18months, and its been fabulous. However, last night I tried adding a map using the map creator within Orux maps (the program where you drag two points to each corner and download the selected area).

Before doing this, I had loads of tracks, and two very large (2gb each) maps created from a desktop map creator.

I also have a file manager app on my HTC desire, and I was using this to check the location of the saved map files.

In the morning, I attempted to access Orux maps, the program loaded up the main screen, and as I clicked on the offline maps button, the application froze. The screen flickered and the 'force close' message appeared. I forced close Orux maps, and reopened the app. It did exactly the same again, this time however, the phone wouldn't respond. I was forced to remove the battery from the phone and restart the phone. When I opened Orux maps again, all maps had been deleted, and all track logs lost. Nothing else on the phone had been lost.

Why would I lose all the information from Orux maps? I've had the two large maps on the phone for at least a year, and they have never moved. Neither has orux maps ever failed before.

Do you know how I can recover any of the information?

Hi,

It is odd, because OruxMaps does not delete the maps. Nor an application should be able to frozen an android device. It looks like a file corruption problem. This problem is probably with sdcard + fat32 file system.

What appears in the folder oruxmaps/mapfiles?

Remember that OruxMaps backs up the tracks every week (by default). You can find your back up with the name oruxmapstracks.db.backup. To restore, rename this file to oruxmapstracks.db. As explained in the manual, the corruption of the sqlite databases is possible, so it is recommended that you back up the tracks sqlite file from time to time.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralphy Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi,

All that appears in the map files folder is 'onlinemapsources', 'world map' folder, 'oruxmapscacheimages' and 'wms_services'.

There's no file called track logs back up or restore. Just oruxmapstracks.db located in the tracklogs folder.

Regards
Ralph.

Ralphy

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down