OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[beta testing] bug with navigating to a cache

2 posters

Go down

[beta testing] bug with navigating to a cache Empty [beta testing] bug with navigating to a cache

Post  febs Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:24 am

Yesterday I geocached again.

This behaviour happened twice, here's the steps.

1) Open c:geo, "navigate" to a geocache (call it GC#1), choose oruxmaps.
[ so far so good, it worked]
2) Move to another area to search for a different cache (let's call it GC#2). Repeat step 1
[ Here something went wrong. Orux kept the waypoint of the original cache and was helping us to navigate to GC#1 ]
3) Enter c:geo again, reopen the CG#2 page, Navigate again
[ This time it worked, Orux created a new waypoint and allowed us to navigate there ]

The above happened again with a third cache (With CG #3, the first time it kept the waypoint of GC#2).

I hope it is clear.

Quick feature suggestion along the way. If possible, it would be cool for the auto-generated waypoint to read on the label something like the name of the cache you are searching for (so not to get confused and have some extra information at direct eyesight).

I am using latest beta (4.7.8beta)

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

[beta testing] bug with navigating to a cache Empty Re: [beta testing] bug with navigating to a cache

Post  orux Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:30 pm

febs wrote:Yesterday I geocached again.

This behaviour happened twice, here's the steps.

1) Open c:geo, "navigate" to a geocache (call it GC#1), choose oruxmaps.
[ so far so good, it worked]
2) Move to another area to search for a different cache (let's call it GC#2). Repeat step 1
[ Here something went wrong. Orux kept the waypoint of the original cache and was helping us to navigate to GC#1 ]
3) Enter c:geo again, reopen the CG#2 page, Navigate again
[ This time it worked, Orux created a new waypoint and allowed us to navigate there ]

The above happened again with a third cache (With CG #3, the first time it kept the waypoint of GC#2).

I hope it is clear.

Quick feature suggestion along the way. If possible, it would be cool for the auto-generated waypoint to read on the label something like the name of the cache you are searching for (so not to get confused and have some extra information at direct eyesight).

I am using latest beta (4.7.8beta)

Hmm

I can not reproduce the error. Working fine in my device.

online/offline map?

gps on/off?

OruxMaps is not informed with the name of the geocache, but I will propose a change in the code of c: geo in order to OruxMaps work better.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

[beta testing] bug with navigating to a cache Empty Re: [beta testing] bug with navigating to a cache

Post  febs Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:50 pm

It was with online map and as far as I remember the GPS was on on Android but I enabled it on Orux only after it was loaded already.

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down