OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Orux run on all Android phones?

4 posters

Go down

Does Orux run on all Android phones? Empty Does Orux run on all Android phones?

Post  c9hera Tue May 08, 2012 7:39 pm

I want to buy a cheap (<100 Euros, e.g. Sony Xperia X10 or cheaper) Android phone to use as a GPS/mapping device. Will Orux work on all Android phones or are there any restrictions?

c9hera

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Does Orux run on all Android phones? Empty Re: Does Orux run on all Android phones?

Post  cyberdude Wed May 09, 2012 10:06 am

I'm interested in this too. I am looking for a cheap Android phone to use on my mountain bike but want to be sure there won't be any problems due to the phone not being powerful enough, the wrong resolution or something. I was looking at the ZTE Blade, Samsung Ace (not that cheap), Samsung Galaxy mini or similar.

cyberdude

Cantidad de envíos : 57

Back to top Go down

Does Orux run on all Android phones? Empty Re: Does Orux run on all Android phones?

Post  Eric99 Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 am

I use a really cheap Huawei U8650 for progs like Oruxmaps, Navigon, Skype and a lot more without any problems and the accu time with Orux is appr. 6 - 7 h.

Eric

Eric99

Cantidad de envíos : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  c9hera Wed May 09, 2012 3:30 pm

What about the LG Me P350? Has anyone tried Orux on this?

c9hera

Back to top Go down

Post  cyberdude Thu May 10, 2012 6:41 am

Eric99 wrote:I use a really cheap Huawei U8650 for progs like Oruxmaps, Navigon, Skype and a lot more without any problems and the accu time with Orux is appr. 6 - 7 h.

Eric
How good is the screen in full sunlight? The battery time you quoted of 6-7 hours, is that with screen on all the time?

cyberdude

Back to top Go down

Post  c9hera Sun May 13, 2012 12:07 pm

I just bought a LG Optimus Me 350 for only 50 (!) Euros (prepaid simlock, Tchibo.de), installed Oruxmaps and everything is working fine! Great app!

c9hera

Back to top Go down

Does Orux run on all Android phones? Empty LG Optimus Me 350 is fine

Post  thomashsk Thu May 24, 2012 12:45 pm

LG Optimus Me 350 orks fine, no need to spend more money. But its better to prepare maps and tracks offline. Even the power is enough to work with mapsforge-maps.

No high end at all - but smart. Battery time (all on) about 3 - 4 hours.

I got my LG Optimus Me 350 with 3 covers, to one of them I bonded a hook-and-pile fastener on it. With this i put it to my bikes, car, etc. Very cheap, but also very usefull. Laughing

Thomas

thomashsk

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  cyberdude Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 pm

thomashsk wrote:LG Optimus Me 350 orks fine, no need to spend more money. But its better to prepare maps and tracks offline. Even the power is enough to work with mapsforge-maps.

No high end at all - but smart. Battery time (all on) about 3 - 4 hours.

I got my LG Optimus Me 350 with 3 covers, to one of them I bonded a hook-and-pile fastener on it. With this i put it to my bikes, car, etc. Very cheap, but also very usefull. Laughing

Thomas
How good is the screen in bright daylight? Can you read it in sun light? Is the 3-4 hour battery time including the screen on all the time at full brightness?

EDIT: What is a hook and pile fastener? I was also thinking about bonding some sort of clamp to a cover so I can mount it to my bike handle bars.

cyberdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric99 Thu May 24, 2012 3:07 pm

is the display of the LG Optimus Me 350 only 2,8" ? Maybe a little bit to less for my eyes...

Eric

Eric99

Cantidad de envíos : 12

Back to top Go down

Does Orux run on all Android phones? Empty answer

Post  thomashsk Thu May 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Hello,

here my comment:

How good is the screen in bright daylight? Can you read it in sun light? >>
not in direkt sunlight. But that is similar to other Devices. Which active display does have any chance against the sun? With LG 350 it is ok for me. Last holiday, at the beach, is was sufficient to have the shadow of my own body. On the bike it is much more better than the car-navigation-system I used before. My tip: go on a phone-store on a sunny day and ask for a sneek peek.

Is the 3-4 hour battery time including the screen on all the time at full brightness? >> yes. My tip: use a cheap (~10€) USB battery case with 4 x AA rechargeable battery. Improves livetime by 100%.

What is a hook and pile fastener? >> http://dict.leo.org said so, in german "Klettverschluss" (picture) Does Orux run on all Android phones? Zwischenablage1n

greetings from sauerland, germany, Thomas

Last edited by thomashsk on Thu May 24, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

thomashsk

Back to top Go down

Post  thomashsk Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Eric99 wrote:is the display of the LG Optimus Me 350 only 2,8" ? Maybe a little bit to less for my eyes...

Eric

enough to follow tracks and waypoints Very Happy , not for creating and editing Crying or Very sad . thats why I use the PC.

Thomas

thomashsk

Back to top Go down

Post  cyberdude Fri May 25, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks for your comments. They were useful. I'll need to go and check the screen in daylight. I live in southern Portugal so it's very bright here.

The "hook and pile fastener" is a direct translation of the German word which is why it didn't really make sense to me. I thought you were talking about some strange clamp type of fastener when I first read it Very Happy In English it's called Velcro or Velcro tape (as pictured).

cyberdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down