OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map zooming and autoload

4 posters

Go down

Map zooming and autoload Empty Map zooming and autoload

Post  pjman80 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I've been playing around with OruxMaps for a couple of days now and I really like it.

I'd like to have mulitple maps of an area (terrain & satellite) and zoom in/out on one map type without automatically changing to the other map type.

Let's say I create the maps for terrain with zoom levels of 13, 14 & 15 and satellite with zoom levels of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18. When I open up the terrain map it opens it at zoom level 13. I zoom to level 16 and it automatically switches to the satellite map since there is no terrain map at that zoom level. What I expected to happen was a digital zoom on the terrain. Even more odd is when I zoom back out it doesn't switch back to terrain but stays on satellite.

I've set the "Auto load map" to 'never' but that didn't change anything.

Is there a setting I'm not seeing? Is this how OruxMaps is supposed to handle multiple map types of a given area?

Thanks!

pjman80

Back to top Go down

Map zooming and autoload Empty Re: Map zooming and autoload

Post  orux Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:43 pm

pjman80 wrote:I've been playing around with OruxMaps for a couple of days now and I really like it.

I'd like to have mulitple maps of an area (terrain & satellite) and zoom in/out on one map type without automatically changing to the other map type.

Let's say I create the maps for terrain with zoom levels of 13, 14 & 15 and satellite with zoom levels of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18. When I open up the terrain map it opens it at zoom level 13. I zoom to level 16 and it automatically switches to the satellite map since there is no terrain map at that zoom level. What I expected to happen was a digital zoom on the terrain. Even more odd is when I zoom back out it doesn't switch back to terrain but stays on satellite.

I've set the "Auto load map" to 'never' but that didn't change anything.

Is there a setting I'm not seeing? Is this how OruxMaps is supposed to handle multiple map types of a given area?

Thanks!

Hi, pjman80;

try with: menu--options--'Zoom Autoload (OFF)'

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  pjman80 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks!

pjman80

Back to top Go down

Post  nanu Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:38 pm

orux wrote:

orux

hi orux,

is it possibile the item Zoom Autoload change to settings so it is permanently stored ?

thanks
nanu

nanu

Cantidad de envíos : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:37 pm

nanu wrote:
orux wrote:

orux

hi orux,

is it possibile the item Zoom Autoload change to settings so it is permanently stored ?

thanks
nanu

yes,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  wcalvert Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi Orux,

Thanks for the advice but disabling zoom autoload does not work. I have set this to OFF (by the way, this setting is in Tweaks, not Options).
Even with this set to off, if I zoom in and out it automatically loads a different scale map.

The only way I have found to do a digital zoom without changing the scale is with the volume buttons.

Is there something I'm missing? Ideally, if its possible, I would like to be able to control the digital zoom and scale in/out independantly but I'd rather not have to use the volume controls.

thanks for your help,
warren.

wcalvert

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:10 pm

wcalvert wrote:Hi Orux,

Thanks for the advice but disabling zoom autoload does not work. I have set this to OFF (by the way, this setting is in Tweaks, not Options).
Even with this set to off, if I zoom in and out it automatically loads a different scale map.

The only way I have found to do a digital zoom without changing the scale is with the volume buttons.

Is there something I'm missing? Ideally, if its possible, I would like to be able to control the digital zoom and scale in/out independantly but I'd rather not have to use the volume controls.

thanks for your help,
warren.

Hi, warren;

auto-zoom disables jumps between maps, but not between layers of the same map.

there is no option for disabling normal zoom when the map has layers.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  wcalvert Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi orux,

thanks for the clarification.

it seems odd that the volume up/down buttons do zoom in/out without autoloading a different layer. If this is currently the only way of doing this would you consider implementing this in a future version? it would be great to be able to control digital zoom and map scale independantly in an easier way.

thanks for the great work so far - oruxmaps is an excellent app.
warren.

wcalvert

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycogeek Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:21 am

wcalvert wrote:

I am now using the volume control method Too, having the volume control digitally zomming the layer.

When i first started using the program, before having perfectally layered maps, the SINGLE zoom doing both digital and layer zoom, was very confusing, and i could not tell what the heck it was going to do when i pushed it (acted random). it was all over the place.
after having more layer perfect maps, and setting stuff mostly Manuel, the SINGLE zoom started working more intuitivly.
The setting for digital zoom percentages (level -1,-2,-3 +1,2,3) was very usefull to have the layers start at a specific zoom. (layers with small text that is to small to read)

I think to avoid confusion, and to make it act like different people think it should, depending on the maps they have. you have to have BOTH zoom types able to be manually controlled somehow. (hopefully with some method that works as well on resistive (one touch) screens as well as capacitive).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

like others have pointed out there are zoom ammounts that are nearly useless.
I like the zoom in steps, not to many not to few, and going to 1000% is usefull sometimes when the map has no res, but you still need to mark something that close.
The Zoom OUT steps though need to show more map, or just discard zooming back when there is not going to be a full picture there.

Idealy in a utopia
1) the digital zoom is seperate item from the layer zoom
2) The digital zoom ammounts can be set in settings , so the user can turn off 120% and 40% if they do not want to ever see that.
3) when zooming back, more tiles (more picture) is used to show it smaller

--------------
it is Still the best andro map programs out there.

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 am

[quote="Psycogeek"]
wcalvert wrote:

Idealy in a utopia
1) the digital zoom is seperate item from the layer zoom
2) The digital zoom ammounts can be set in settings , so the user can turn off 120% and 40% if they do not want to ever see that.
3) when zooming back, more tiles (more picture) is used to show it smaller

This is a change I have asked for in the past:

1) Make pinch zoom change magnification of the layer viewed
2) Zoom/level icons on the map change layers

I like the suggestion of being able to constrain the zoom %

Keith.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content