OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

offline maps problem

2 posters

Go down

offline maps problem Empty offline maps problem

Post  dr_fell Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 am

Hello,
I am beginner user of oruxmaps. I put new map into mapfiles folder (in oruxmaps folder in phone memory). There are two folders now, world and new map folder. Orux sees them both, when I choose my new map (map of mountains in my country) it shows up, but after I try to move my new map, orux immediately switches to world map. What causes the problem?

dr_fell

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

offline maps problem Empty Re: offline maps problem

Post  Bubi4ever Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 pm

dr_fell wrote:Hello,
I put new map into mapfiles folder (in oruxmaps folder in phone memory). There are two folders now, world and new map folder.
Vectormap: Map.map and map.xml or Oruxmapformat: Map.otrk2.xml and OruxmapsImages.db?
Maybe your map is too small - when you leave your Newmap-Area Oruxmaps changes to worldmap.

Bubi4ever

Back to top Go down

Post  dr_fell Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Did You miss a word? I don't understand Your first sentence. How small map has to be, to be too small? Mine seems quite big and detailed to me. How can I check if map is too small?

dr_fell

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubi4ever Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:51 pm

dr_fell wrote:I don't understand Your first sentence. How small map has to be, to be too small? Mine seems quite big and detailed to me. How can I check if map is too small?
O.K. Very Happy
Is Your new Map a Ready-to-use-Vectormap, or how do you prepare the Map (Mobac....?)
If you prepare a map with the area Paris-Amsterdam-Hamburg-Vienna and you move out of this area, Orux will change to WorldMap.

Bubi4ever

Back to top Go down

Post  dr_fell Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks for Your reply.
I have otrk2.xml and 29 MB .db file. After I open it, only part of the map is visible on the screen (it its much bigger than the part initially visible on the screen), and even if I zoom in and try to move in any direction, it instantly goes to world map. I have downloaded this map from other person's website as a map prepared for orux.

dr_fell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down