OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not recording complete track

4 posters

Go down

Not recording complete track Empty Not recording complete track

Post  twoten Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi Orux,
I have had a problem sor some time with Oruxmaps missing sections of a recorded track. I assume it is loss of signal as it s displayed as a straight line without any way-points. This has happened on quite a few recorded tracks.

I have been monitoring this to see if it happens where the signal is likely to be lost but this does not appear to be the case.

I am using Oruxmaps on a HTC Desire S
Oruxmaps is Beta version 4.8.45

I have set the GPS up:
Minimum time 0 secs
Min distance 20m
Accuracy position fix 20m

As a process of elimination I have installed ViewRanger to monitor the GPS by recording a simultaneous track, It appears that where Oruxmaps has stopped recording ViewRanger has still recorded correctly.

I see that you are now on beta 5.0beta2, is the above a configuration issue, or a bug that has been addressed already or is it an issue that needs further investigation?

In the mean in I am going to upgrade to the latest Beta.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Not recording complete track Empty Re: Not recording complete track

Post  pedja Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:09 pm

I noticed this too lately. Some segments of the track become straight lines. I did not investigate it as twoten. I never notice problem until I get home and load recorded track into my computer.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:40 am

It happened again. I was in a trip, and i noticed that OruxMaps stopped showing position. I had to restart OruxMaps to make it work again.

I checked, other GPS application worked fine at the same time OruxMaps was stuck.

There is one more info: this happened after i stopped recording and then immediately started it again. I do this occasionally on stops to make sure that data is saved so I do not loose it.

If I recall well, each time I noticed stalled recording, it was related to this recording restarting.

pedja

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:46 am

I am not sure about this and will monitor it more closely next time I use it but I suspect that when OruxMaps loses the GPS signal (or it gets too week to record track) it stops recording as expected but when the signal resumes Oruxmaps doesn't start recording again until you take the phone out of standby mode.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 am

I am sure phone was not in standby as I set OruxMaps to disable standby, and I was looking at the screen waiting for Orux to start recording again. After few kilometers as it was obvious it will not do it on it's own, i had to restart OruxMaps. I tried to restart GPS recording first, but it did not help.

pedja

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 am

I have one more observation regarding this issue: i do not have to do anything more than just stop and stay some time in one place. After that occasionally, when I start moving again, OruxMaps do not recognize that I am moving again.

pedja

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 pm

pedja wrote:I have one more observation regarding this issue: i do not have to do anything more than just stop and stay some time in one place. After that occasionally, when I start moving again, OruxMaps do not recognize that I am moving again.

This is what I've found, when I stop for a while, sometimes indoors (usually a pub) so can't guarantee a signal, Oruxmaps doesn't pick up the signal when I continue the walk.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 pm

twoten wrote:
pedja wrote:I have one more observation regarding this issue: i do not have to do anything more than just stop and stay some time in one place. After that occasionally, when I start moving again, OruxMaps do not recognize that I am moving again.

This is what I've found, when I stop for a while, sometimes indoors (usually a pub) so can't guarantee a signal, Oruxmaps doesn't pick up the signal when I continue the walk.

Hi;

OruxMaps just listen to android, which alerts OM when there is a new GPS signal.

If the signal is lost for a long time, it may take longer for your android in return to receive signal, especially if there is no data coverage (no A-GPS).

Check when you leave those places with some other programs.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi Orux,

I have monitored this by running alongside ViewRanger. Orux fails to record the track where ViewRanger succeeds which might indicate a problem with the App or configuration problem rather than hardware.

Regards,

Keith.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:47 pm

twoten wrote:Hi Orux,

I have monitored this by running alongside ViewRanger. Orux fails to record the track where ViewRanger succeeds which might indicate a problem with the App or configuration problem rather than hardware.

Regards,

Keith.

Hi, Keith;

are you playing with the market version, or the last beta--> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi Orux,

I am using the v.5.0beta19 but have had the problem for some time now. I am fairly sure this was happening on a market version as well. I can install the market version and test it when I get a chance if you like.

Keith.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:40 pm

orux wrote:
OruxMaps just listen to android, which alerts OM when there is a new GPS signal.

If the signal is lost for a long time, it may take longer for your android in return to receive signal, especially if there is no data coverage (no A-GPS).

Check when you leave those places with some other programs.

orux

That is understandable but problem is that signal is OK, other programs show proper location, just OruxMaps does not realize ti should continue gathering data from GPS.

I use the latest official version from Market.

pedja

Back to top Go down

Post  sasapunc Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:26 am

Did you find solution for this problem? I experiencing same issue and did not find solution yet.

sasapunc

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down