OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v5.2.2beta4 - Bug in Display of Arrival time versus Estimated Time to Arrival

2 posters

Go down

v5.2.2beta4 - Bug in Display of Arrival time versus Estimated Time to Arrival Empty v5.2.2beta4 - Bug in Display of Arrival time versus Estimated Time to Arrival

Post  Icarus Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:19 am

Hi Orux,

1. I refer to the features found at -

Settings - User Interface - Dashboard - User Interface - (Arrival time) and (Estimated Time to Arrival).

These two checkboxes (Arrival time and Estimated Time to Arrival) are reversed. Checking the applicable box causes the other feature to be activated and vice-versa.

2. On a different topic, the depiction of data fields by symbols is confusing when trying to memorise then recall the particular data associated with the symbol. For example, the ETA for the current waypoint versus the ETA final Wpt is very easy to confuse. The sigma symbol on the chequered flag doesn't stand out. Can I suggest the following idea -

The chequered flag is a good symbol for a final destination. Can it be used exclusively for 'Final' waypoint information like 'ETA final Wpt' and 'Distance to final Wpt'.
For intermediate waypoints, I'd suggest the removal of the chequered flag symbol and exchange for the following three letter abbreviations -

Arrival Time - ETA (estimated time arrival)
Estimated Time to Arrival - ETI (estimated time interval)
Distance to arrival - DTG (distance to go)

These three abbreviations (ETA, ETI and DTG) are fairly generic amongst many navigation apps.

Thanks for your great app!

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

v5.2.2beta4 - Bug in Display of Arrival time versus Estimated Time to Arrival Empty Re: v5.2.2beta4 - Bug in Display of Arrival time versus Estimated Time to Arrival

Post  orux Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Icarus wrote:Hi Orux,

1. I refer to the features found at -

Settings - User Interface - Dashboard - User Interface - (Arrival time) and (Estimated Time to Arrival).

These two checkboxes (Arrival time and Estimated Time to Arrival) are reversed. Checking the applicable box causes the other feature to be activated and vice-versa.

2. On a different topic, the depiction of data fields by symbols is confusing when trying to memorise then recall the particular data associated with the symbol. For example, the ETA for the current waypoint versus the ETA final Wpt is very easy to confuse. The sigma symbol on the chequered flag doesn't stand out. Can I suggest the following idea -

The chequered flag is a good symbol for a final destination. Can it be used exclusively for 'Final' waypoint information like 'ETA final Wpt' and 'Distance to final Wpt'.
For intermediate waypoints, I'd suggest the removal of the chequered flag symbol and exchange for the following three letter abbreviations -

Arrival Time - ETA (estimated time arrival)
Estimated Time to Arrival - ETI (estimated time interval)
Distance to arrival - DTG (distance to go)

These three abbreviations (ETA, ETI and DTG) are fairly generic amongst many navigation apps.

Thanks for your great app!

Thanks;

about the bugs: try with last beta--> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

about the icons, I will study your comment.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

v5.2.2beta4 - Bug in Display of Arrival time versus Estimated Time to Arrival Empty Re: v5.2.2beta4 - Bug in Display of Arrival time versus Estimated Time to Arrival

Post  Icarus Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks. Arrival Time and Estimated Time to Arrival displaying fine now.

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down