OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 issues when upgrading

2 posters

Go down

2 issues when upgrading Empty 2 issues when upgrading

Post  Alastair Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:31 am

Hi,

When upgrading from 2.9.13 to 3.0 I encountered these two issues. They occurred again when I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.5 beta:

1. My button bar got in a mess. My top bar had only 2 buttons on it (in 2.9.13) and was reset to the default of many buttons with a scrollbar. The left and right bars still displayed my buttons after the upgrade but none of the buttons worked when I pressed them. A complete reset of the buttons allowed me to start again and rebuild the bars.

2. After both upgrades my top dashboard stopped working completely and was quite difficult to get back. Going from 2.9.13 to 3.0 it didn't work at all. Going from 3.0 to 3.1.5 it displayed only "Average Speed" in the middle, even though I had previously selected: Left - Distance, Middle - Speed, Right - Altitude. I got it to work eventually by setting all 3 to "Average Speed", going back to the map screen, then going back to Settings and choosing my desired display.

Incidentally, for the English version, can I suggest renaming "Above Dashboard" to "Top Dashboard" please? I also notice that "ETA" (estimated time of arrival) has become "ETE" in this version.

Another suggestion for the button bar: would it be possible to add a blank spacer button (that could be used several times) so that you can space out the buttons rather than have them really close to each other?

Thanks,

Alastair

Alastair

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down

2 issues when upgrading Empty Re: 2 issues when upgrading

Post  orux Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Alastair wrote:Hi,

When upgrading from 2.9.13 to 3.0 I encountered these two issues. They occurred again when I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.5 beta:

1. My button bar got in a mess. My top bar had only 2 buttons on it (in 2.9.13) and was reset to the default of many buttons with a scrollbar. The left and right bars still displayed my buttons after the upgrade but none of the buttons worked when I pressed them. A complete reset of the buttons allowed me to start again and rebuild the bars.

This is a bug.

But OruxMaps has to reset the button bars when you install a new version (in the last two versions).

Alastair wrote:
2. After both upgrades my top dashboard stopped working completely and was quite difficult to get back. Going from 2.9.13 to 3.0 it didn't work at all. Going from 3.0 to 3.1.5 it displayed only "Average Speed" in the middle, even though I had previously selected: Left - Distance, Middle - Speed, Right - Altitude. I got it to work eventually by setting all 3 to "Average Speed", going back to the map screen, then going back to Settings and choosing my desired display.

I can not reproduce this error, but I will try.

Again, the top dashboard is reseted to default values when you install a new version.

There is a change in +3.0: The controls are displayed only if there is useful information; for example,ETE will be displayed in routing/wpt nav./geocaching mode.

Alastair wrote:
Incidentally, for the English version, can I suggest renaming "Above Dashboard" to "Top Dashboard" please? I also notice that "ETA" (estimated time of arrival) has become "ETE" in this version.

Ok; about 'top'
We really see ETE= estimated time en route, not ETA Estimated time of arrival (It is a correction from Álvaro, I think it is right)

Alastair wrote:
Another suggestion for the button bar: would it be possible to add a blank spacer button (that could be used several times) so that you can space out the buttons rather than have them really close to each other?

I will try, but not possible for next version.

thanks,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

2 issues when upgrading Empty Re: 2 issues when upgrading

Post  Alastair Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks, Orux for the useful replies.

Alastair

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down