OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anouncement: Vector cycle-maps now available

+8
twoten
mbraner
rockymountain
Chris Jam
chilobo
kunzuilh
thomashsk
kech61
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anouncement: Vector cycle-maps now available - Page 3 Empty Re: Anouncement: Vector cycle-maps now available

Post  fabrylama Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

I think that the problem isn't limited to the "ref" key, it also happens with the "name" key.
i.e. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/101811096
Does it mean that the mtb:scale is overridden by any key with a suitable value?

P.s. Of curse I'm talking about the standard map, not the test map.

fabrylama

Cantidad de envíos : 96

Back to top Go down

Anouncement: Vector cycle-maps now available - Page 3 Empty Re: Anouncement: Vector cycle-maps now available

Post  kech61 Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 pm

fabrylama wrote:I think that the problem isn't limited to the "ref" key, it also happens with the "name" key.
i.e. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/101811096
Does it mean that the mtb:scale is overridden by any key with a suitable value?

P.s. Of curse I'm talking about the standard map, not the test map.

Yes, thats correct eg the mtb:scale:uphill effects this too.
Jusc has reported this in september, but no one (incl. myself) took this serious Embarassed

Lets wait for an answer of the mapsforge developers.

kech61

Cantidad de envíos : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm

kech61 wrote:

Lets wait for an answer of the mapsforge developers.

Hi, any news?

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 am

fabrylama wrote:
Hi, any news?

Unfortunately not, the developers are busy.
However, this is no Problem at all, I changed the values of MTB:* to more unique ones as done in the test.map.
This solves the Problem for 99.99%

The remapped italy.map and alps.map will be available soon, I'm bussy in reworking my Website,
if you need the new italien map for developing a MTB-Theme I will give you a temporary download link.

Best regards
Christian
www.openandromaps.org

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:05 am

kech61 wrote:
fabrylama wrote:
Hi, any news?

Unfortunately not, the developers are busy.
However, this is no Problem at all, I changed the values of MTB:* to more unique ones as done in the test.map.
This solves the Problem for 99.99%

The remapped italy.map and alps.map will be available soon, I'm bussy in reworking my Website,
if you need the new italien map for developing a MTB-Theme I will give you a temporary download link.

Best regards
Christian
www.openandromaps.org

Hi, I was just curious I'm not in a hurry, Thank you again Very Happy

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:56 pm

fabrylama wrote:
Hi, any news?

Hi Fabricio,

The new maps for Alps, Italy and 30 other new rendered maps are available for download.
Now a mtb_theme for Orux is included too as a first approach...

You can find a description of the new themes on my website

Merry Christmas and a happy new year, I'm offline till 4.1.2013
Christian
www.openandromaps.org

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm

kech61 wrote:
fabrylama wrote:
Hi, any news?

Hi Fabricio,

The new maps for Alps, Italy and 30 other new rendered maps are available for download.
Now a mtb_theme for Orux is included too as a first approach...

You can find a description of the new themes on my website

Merry Christmas and a happy new year, I'm offline till 4.1.2013
Christian
www.openandromaps.org

Hi, thanks again for your work, merry christmas!
Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 am

Hi Christian, the mtb theme is very good, but the name of the paths aren't displayed, is it a bug or a deliberate choice?

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:22 am

fabrylama wrote:Hi Christian, the mtb theme is very good, but the name of the paths aren't displayed, is it a bug or a deliberate choice?

Hi,

Yes this an issue that will be improved in the new year.
However ist not an easy task becouse it may confikt with the hiking/cycle refs

best regards
Christian

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  Federicos Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Christian,
thanks for a GREAT work (I found it now and try it with Orux 5: it's amazing!), so have a great, happy new year from Bologna! Very Happy

Federicos

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi Christian,
I have a suggestion for the mtb theme: some paths are tagged as “via_ferrata_scale=*” or “sport=via_ferrata” and aren't tagged with a mtb:scale, therefore are displayed as generic path (yellow), I believe it would be better to display these paths in a distinguishable way.
thanks
Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 am

fabrylama wrote:Hi Christian,
I have a suggestion for the mtb theme: some paths are tagged as “via_ferrata_scale=*” or “sport=via_ferrata” and aren't tagged with a mtb:scale, therefore are displayed as generic path (yellow), I believe it would be better to display these paths in a distinguishable way.
thanks
Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,

Good idea, pretty much the same the sac_scale is handled. It should be an easy task, I have set internally a tag for all via_ferrata variants = "via_ferrata_flag=set"
So as a temporary workaround please replace the code section beginning at about line 644 with this code (not tested):

Code:

<rule e="way" k="highway" v="footway|path">
                  <rule e="way" k="via_ferrata_flag" v="set">
                     <line stroke="#000000" stroke-width="0.75" stroke-dasharray="8,12" />
                  </rule>
                  <rule e="way" k="via_ferrata_flag" v="~">
                     <rule e="way" k="mtb_scale" v="~">
                        <line stroke="#ffff90" stroke-width="0.75" />
                     </rule>
                     <rule e="way" k="mtb_scale" v="mtbs_0">
                        <line stroke="#1f961b" stroke-width="0.75" />
                     </rule>
                     <rule e="way" k="mtb_scale" v="mtbs_1">
                        <line stroke="#8F6A00" stroke-width="0.75" />
                     </rule>
                     <rule e="way" k="mtb_scale" v="mtbs_2">
                        <line stroke="#4b5bad" stroke-width="0.75" />
                     </rule>
                     <rule e="way" k="mtb_scale" v="mtbs_3">
                        <line stroke="#fc1239" stroke-width="0.75" />
                     </rule>
                     <rule e="way" k="mtb_scale" v="mtbs_4|mtbs_5|mtbs_6">
                        <line stroke="#000000" stroke-width="0.75" stroke-dasharray="8,12" />
                     </rule>                  
                  </rule>
                  <rule e="way" k="*" v="*" zoom-min="16">
                     <rule e="way" k="network" v="~">
                        <rule e="way" k="hknetwork" v="~">
                           <pathText k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="10" stroke="#d0d0d0" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                     </rule>
                  </rule>
               </rule>

In future I wil set the highest mtb:scale (mtbs_6) to all track/paths that contain a via_ferrata tag while preprozessing of the OSM Database,
so:
<tag k="via_ferrata" v=".*"/>
<tag k="via_ferrata_scale" v=".*"/>
<tag k="sport" v="via_ferrata"/>
will force
<tag k="mtb_scale" v="mtbs_6"/>

This will affect mtb-routes and tracks too.
Please drop me a line if the workaround is OK.

Best regards,
Christian
BTW: Maybe you find a better color for the yellow rendered ways, I dont like them Wink

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Christian,
I'm testing on this way:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/37725543

With the original xml this way is rendered yellow, but after I replaced the code it's rendered white Question instead of black . Everything else keeps working correctly.

Ps. I don't like yellow too, but I don't have a better idea.

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am

I'm testing on this way:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/37725543

Ups... a stupid, stupid mistake - I changed yes to set with the latest processing rules, replace
<rule e="way" k="via_ferrata_flag" v="set">
with
<rule e="way" k="via_ferrata_flag" v="set|yes">
dont forget to reset the map after change in xml

I too processed that area with the new setting and the way in question now is finally tagged as:
Code:
    <tag k="via_ferrata_flag" v="set"/>
    <tag k="highway" v="path"/>
    <tag k="mtb_scale" v="mtbs_6"/>
    <tag k="name" v="Via dell&apos;Amicizia"/>
    <tag k="sport" v="via_ferrata"/>
    <tag k="sac_scale" v="T4"/>

So in the next updates of the maps the workaround is no longer neccessary couse the mtbs_6 is forced set.

regards
Christian

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks, it works perfectly!
Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi Christian,
I noticed that in the mtb theme there aren't the cycleroutes, but only the mtb routes. I simply copied the cycle routes section from an old theme to the mtb theme and it seem to work, however I suppose you didn't add the cycleroutes for a reason, maybe some compatibility issues? or for readability reasons?
Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 am

fabrylama wrote:
I noticed that in the mtb theme there aren't the cycleroutes, but only the mtb routes.

Hi Fabrizo,
The MTB-Theme was made for MTB-Enthusiasts, so I skipped the cycle-routes.
However this is, of couse, a term of discussion....
Best regards
Christian

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi Christian,
I think there's a problem with the cycleroutes (but also with every relation) because the label on the relation is not displayed correctly: only the capital letters are shown.
an example:
on this cycleroute: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2534040
the label shown by orux is: "CSD", while it should have been Ciclabile Salò-Desenzano

From what I understand, the relative xml rule is:
... pathText k="ref" ...
but I don't understand what "ref" is.

thanks
Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I think there's a problem with the cycleroutes (but also with every relation) because the label on the relation is not displayed correctly: only the capital letters are shown.
an example:
on this cycleroute: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2534040
the label shown by orux is: "CSD", while it should have been Ciclabile Salò-Desenzano

From what I understand, the relative xml rule is:
... pathText k="ref" ...
but I don't understand what "ref" is.

Hi Fabrizio,

I'm sorry for the late answer, unfortunately time will be an issue for the next couple of months - I have to fullfill a bigger contract ...

As for your questions:
- The "ref" is used to store the short name of a route like "EV6" for the danube cycleway, usually this is done by the mapper within the relation. If the mapper doesnt assign a short name to the ref tag I try to build one out of the "name" tag using the capital letters to a limit of 5 chars. Lonvia uses pretty much the same algorithm. So if you assign a short name to the relation = the "ref" tag this would be displayed on the map.
Why using the ref and not the name tag: The name tag is too long for reliable rendering with a sufficiant font size.

Greetings to Italy
Christian

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

Hi Christian,
thank you for the explanation, and thank you again for your great work!
Fabrizio

Ps. I've just seen your wishlist, I hope you receive enough donation, I'll contribute for what I can (I'm just a student).
However I have a suggestion, if it's technically possible, you could create a program that automatize your map creating process and ask people to help with their pc. I would be willing to do it for the Italy map, I would have no problem updating it once or twice a month, and maybe there are other users willing to do it too.

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:50 pm

thank you for the explanation, and thank you again for your great work!
Fabrizio

Ps. I've just seen your wishlist, I hope you receive enough donation, I'll contribute for what I can (I'm just a student).
However I have a suggestion, if it's technically possible, you could create a program that automatize your map creating process and ask people to help with their pc. I would be willing to do it for the Italy map, I would have no problem updating it once or twice a month, and maybe there are other users willing to do it too.

Hi Fabrizo,

Thanks a lot for your donation, I'm pretty shure that a "first stage" of the new redermachine will start in a vew weeks.
As for the shared rendering: I checked varios ways to do this, however it is not that easy as it looks a s a first glance. There a many (dirty hacked) tools involved in this process, for some of them (like gdal bindings) you must be quite lucky to be successfull even installing them.

Well, the problem will be (hopefilly) solved bevore my thinkpad will burn down a 2nd time ;-)

Best regards, Christian

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 am

kech61 wrote:
Well, the problem will be (hopefilly) solved bevore my thinkpad will burn down a 2nd time ;-)

Best regards, Christian

Laughing I hope it won't come to that!

Anyway, I have another request Embarassed , could you add barriers (mainly gates and fences) to the maps?
Fabrizio

PS. Out of curiosity, what happened to the italy map? the last map of 2012 was around 600mb, then the map from January was more than 700mb, and the newest map is 600mb Question It's something from osm database, or something from your end?

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

up Smile

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:20 pm

fabrylama wrote:

Anyway, I have another request Embarassed , could you add barriers (mainly gates and fences) to the maps?
Fabrizio

PS. Out of curiosity, what happened to the italy map? the last map of 2012 was around 600mb, then the map from January was more than 700mb, and the newest map is 600mb Question It's something from osm database, or something from your end?

Hi Fabrizio,

I will add some gates to the tagmapping, there is a diskussion on openandromaps that may find your attention:
http://www.openandromaps.org/en/downloads/europe#comments
The fences...
... I'm afraid of adding too much ways to the tagmapping, this has a great influence on performance, and there are a lot of fences (height, material etc..). I have to investigate this in brief bevor adding it to the standard maps.

Concerning the size of the Italian map: Honestly, no idea Embarassed Shocked
.. hmm .. I modified borders in concunction with new france_south and alps2, maybe ...

Best regards
Christian

kech61

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:27 pm

kech61 wrote:

Hi Fabrizio,

I will add some gates to the tagmapping, there is a diskussion on openandromaps that may find your attention:
http://www.openandromaps.org/en/downloads/europe#comments
The fences...
... I'm afraid of adding too much ways to the tagmapping, this has a great influence on performance, and there are a lot of fences (height, material etc..). I have to investigate this in brief bevor adding it to the standard maps.

Concerning the size of the Italian map: Honestly, no idea Embarassed Shocked
.. hmm .. I modified borders in concunction with new france_south and alps2, maybe ...

Best regards
Christian

Hi Christian,
I understand the problem with fences, I'm going to read the link and answer there.

Thanks
Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next