OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working

3 posters

Go down

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Empty Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working

Post  Ilyapl Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 am

hi all,

I have been using the Soni Experia Arc S phone perfectly well with Oruxmaps, i recently got the Nexus i9250. now i'm having trouble with the trip computer. Aside for the elevation and speeed, no data is shown in the trip computer. Howeer, when i go to Statistics, all the numbers are there!!

TC-1: Doesn't show Avg Speed, Max speed, elevation rise, elevation fall, sunrise/set
TC-2: doesn't show any data at all,
TC-3: The Graph with the elevation and speed WORKS, but at the bottom no data shows up.
TC-4: also doesn't show any data.

There must be some bug in the Trip Comp when working on the nexus.

One more Nexus bug, which doesn't relate to Oruxmaps since its a problem with every app on the nexus. The GPS takes forever 5+ minutes to lock into myposition. I tried using GPSfix App, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Is there anyway to speed this process up.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Ilyapl

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Empty Re: Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working

Post  michuvx Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:52 am

The same problem in Samsung Galaxy S on android 4.1.2

michuvx

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Empty GPS not problematic as thought

Post  Ilyapl Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi,

I am still having problems with my Trip. Computer. FYI I have Android Version, 4.1.2.

I posted here previously that GPS on nexus takes 5+ minutes to "lock in" to my location.

Ilyapl wrote:
One more Nexus bug, which doesn't relate to Oruxmaps since its a problem with every app on the nexus. The GPS takes forever 5+ minutes to lock into myposition. I tried using GPSfix App, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Is there anyway to speed this process up.

Since then i have learned that apparently if i don't use 3G internet the normal time for "Lock in" is ~12 minutes, however, if i turn on my internet connection then "Lock in" occurs within 40 seconds.

Thanks all,

Ilya

Ilyapl

Back to top Go down

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Empty Re: Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working

Post  orux Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Ilyapl wrote:Hi,

I am still having problems with my Trip. Computer. FYI I have Android Version, 4.1.2.

I posted here previously that GPS on nexus takes 5+ minutes to "lock in" to my location.

Ilyapl wrote:

Since then i have learned that apparently if i don't use 3G internet the normal time for "Lock in" is ~12 minutes, however, if i turn on my internet connection then "Lock in" occurs within 40 seconds.

Thanks all,

Ilya

Hi;

If you have data connection, the GPS can use the A-GPS feature, and the cold start will be fast. If no data connection, no A-GPS capabilities.

What do you mean with 'no data is show'? Something like attached picture?
Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Device20121027191829

Speed and altitude is displayed when the gps is receiving signals, distance, avg. speed when you are recording a track,...

About graphs in TC-3, you have to select what you want to see, using menu options (1º and 2º buttons).

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Empty No Data on Trip Comp. cont.

Post  Ilyapl Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

After A-GPS link established, notice the Elevation 795m and speed, other data below do not show. In your picture there are "---" dashes. In mine there is nothing not even the sunrise/sunset times (which don't depend on trip statistics).

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Dsc0521a

AND

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Dsc0522b

Sincerely,

Ilya

Ilyapl

Back to top Go down

Post  michuvx Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:39 am

Here are pics from my device with the same problem. GPS fixed, track save on. Samsung Galaxy S I9000, Android 4.1.2 AOKP

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Dsc01297x

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Dsc01298wn

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Dsc01299f

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Dsc01300z

Last edited by michuvx on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

michuvx

Back to top Go down

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Empty michuvx your pics not showing

Post  Ilyapl Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 am

Hey Michuvx,
your pictures aren't showing, links are broken.
ilya

Ilyapl

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:54 am

Ilyapl wrote:Hey Michuvx,
your pictures aren't showing, links are broken.
ilya

Hi;

please, try last beta--> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Trip Comp. on Nexus phone Not working Empty It works

Post  Ilyapl Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am

Thank you very much.
This beta version seems to work. If I run into trouble I'll post another reply. thank you very much for the quick fix.

Ilyapl

Back to top Go down

Post  michuvx Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:01 pm

The same here at me. Problem fixed. Thank you. Donate send. Gretings

michuvx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down