OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3.0 in the market

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3.0 in the market Empty 3.0 in the market

Post  orux Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi; after a lot of work, there is a new beta ready.

Updated to 2.9.13beta:

Details here-->

The beta-->

Waiting your comments,

orux

Last edited by orux on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : 3.0 in themarket)
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

3.0 in the market Empty Re: 3.0 in the market

Post  MB Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:56 pm

First impression of the new, visual interface: I am not sure if I like the arrangement of the buttons. An ideal solution for me would be a user-customizable set (two or more bars) of non-moving buttons in the upper side of the screen, which shows when you tap the upper area and disappears after a single tap elsewhere on the screen. (The same applies to the dashboard, which should also ideally be transparent). I fear that the new design is unnecessarily complicated - who wants to spend time moving the button bars back and forth?

Besides, I agree with the users who would like to see a redesign of the buttons themselves. The current design is too obtrusive for me. Ideally, the buttons should be as transparent as possible. What about replacing the yellow areas of today's buttons with a transparent area where the map shines through?

Apart from this, the changes look great!

An insufficient bug report: (Desire with 2.2): The first times I started the new version, I wanted to use online maps. Oruxmaps crashed twice, but started correctly when I used offline maps. After having started with offline maps, I was able to continue with the online maps. (Great to see Eniro there.).

More later
MB

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  GammelGr Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:18 am

How stable is the beta version?

Will it replace the current stable installed version up on installation?
If, would it possible to have the beta-releases installed as OruxMaps-beta and using other directory on the SD-card too?
In this way it would always possible to fall back to the stable version when needed.
I gladly test the beta but I need the app to be stable in some cases.

About the buttons: I have not tested the beta but according to the pdf the scrolling of buttons looks just like Astro does and I like that. In this way you will have more buttons on smaller area.
Auto hide is a nice feature also.

GammelGr

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:15 pm

MB wrote:First impression of the new, visual interface: I am not sure if I like the arrangement of the buttons. An ideal solution for me would be a user-customizable set (two or more bars) of non-moving buttons in the upper side of the screen, which shows when you tap the upper area and disappears after a single tap elsewhere on the screen. (The same applies to the dashboard, which should also ideally be transparent). I fear that the new design is unnecessarily complicated - who wants to spend time moving the button bars back and forth?

Besides, I agree with the users who would like to see a redesign of the buttons themselves. The current design is too obtrusive for me. Ideally, the buttons should be as transparent as possible. What about replacing the yellow areas of today's buttons with a transparent area where the map shines through?

Apart from this, the changes look great!

An insufficient bug report: (Desire with 2.2): The first times I started the new version, I wanted to use online maps. Oruxmaps crashed twice, but started correctly when I used offline maps. After having started with offline maps, I was able to continue with the online maps. (Great to see Eniro there.).

More later
MB

Thanks for testing and the comments.

I prefer to have all buttons on one line Smile

But you can put 6 buttons on each bar, and they will be fixed. Possibly I will add the option of the two bars are up, I shall investigate.

With this new system, there may be many more buttons, and you choose which you want to view.

Now is easier to use different sets of buttons. The next one will add much transparency.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:34 pm

GammelGr wrote:How stable is the beta version?

Will it replace the current stable installed version up on installation?
If, would it possible to have the beta-releases installed as OruxMaps-beta and using other directory on the SD-card too?
In this way it would always possible to fall back to the stable version when needed.
I gladly test the beta but I need the app to be stable in some cases.

Yes, it will replace the old one. I need this to happen. You can keep a copy of the stable version, for example using AppMonster, and reinstall this version when you need it.

The only thing to take care is to make a backup of the tracks database (always, not only when testing a new version): /tracklogs/oruxmapstracks.db I want to automatize this back up in future versions.

GammelGr wrote:
About the buttons: I have not tested the beta but according to the pdf the scrolling of buttons looks just like Astro does and I like that. In this way you will have more buttons on smaller area.
Auto hide is a nice feature also.

Yes, it is like Astro. I want to add more buttons in the future,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 am

Two bugs (?) in the beta:

1. The new statistics page looks very good. Perhaps it would be better if all options (speed, altitude etc.) were pre-selected. Bug: Track segments are ignored, and there is no way of displaying the stats of a single segment.

2. (a more serious one): On my Desire with Android 2.2., there is no way of removing tracks and routes which I load into a map. When I close and reopen Oruxmaps, the last route / track is still present. If I attempt to use the route-button, the program simply leads me to the OI File explorer - there is no option to unload the route. In order to get rid of the route, I have to reboot the phone.

Regards
MB

MB

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:55 am

After beta installation my offline map doesn't load. I'll try to create a fresh map and see if it helps.

Icons on my i5700 are blurry.

Thumbs up for the external gps options. I've sucesfully connected to my qstarz gps. Will try later to save a track.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:00 pm

MB wrote:Two bugs (?) in the beta:

1. The new statistics page looks very good. Perhaps it would be better if all options (speed, altitude etc.) were pre-selected. Bug: Track segments are ignored, and there is no way of displaying the stats of a single segment.

2. (a more serious one): On my Desire with Android 2.2., there is no way of removing tracks and routes which I load into a map. When I close and reopen Oruxmaps, the last route / track is still present. If I attempt to use the route-button, the program simply leads me to the OI File explorer - there is no option to unload the route. In order to get rid of the route, I have to reboot the phone.

Regards
MB

Hi, MB;

working with (1) for final release.

(2) tracks, it is not a bug, you can remove the track from the display using 'clean' button. routes, yes, it is a bug, solved in next release.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Mort wrote:After beta installation my offline map doesn't load. I'll try to create a fresh map and see if it helps.

Icons on my i5700 are blurry.

Thumbs up for the external gps options. I've sucesfully connected to my qstarz gps. Will try later to save a track.

Try 'update maps' in first oruxmaps screen. Perhaps you had your sdcard connected to your PC when first launch of the beta.

About blurry icons, not sure what is the problem, still there?

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  nulled Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:02 am

I want to translate OruxMaps into Chinese.
How can I get the language file?
(I can read Chinese and English only.)

nulled

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  lohtse Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Mensaje Lohtse Hoy a las 4:35 pm
Love the improvements.. SO much nice and functional...

BUT could we have a bigger compass? and could we have multimap OS uk Sources for online maps PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

regards
Lohtse

lohtse

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Bug: I have used the following method for trip planning in previous versions:

Choose "Map viewer" mode and create waypoints along the route you wish to follow. Let the wpts be named automatically. Select "Waypoints" in the menu, and load them to the map as a route. Use the statistics button, and choose "Route stats". Previous versions show the distance of the route, the beta does not.

HTC Desire, Stock Android 2.2.

MB

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:45 pm

nulled wrote:I want to translate OruxMaps into Chinese.
How can I get the language file?
(I can read Chinese and English only.)

Hi, nulled;

thanks, and sorry for this delay.

I have a version ready with Chinese translation.

I will call you if I need help.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi all;

There is a new beta, 2.9.7, with some changes.

No more features before next release!

It is time to intensive tests.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  nulled Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 am

Looking forward to the new release. Very Happy

nulled

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:55 am

Bugs in version 2.9.8:

- Several crashes and other misbehaviour when using the autoload maps function.

- Zoom problem: The on-screen zoom buttons only do zoom inside one sqlite database. The zoom does not seem to work when I have maps at different zoom layers in different sqlite databases. This worked fine in 2.8.4 (can't remember how it was in the previous beta.) EDIT: Later tests show that this works fine after rebooting the phone, and after disabling autoload maps).

- Program gives wrong position on a map made in Oruxmaps Desktop which worked fine in previous versions (error ca 500 mts). I have checked that the projection is o.k. EDIT: I cannot exclude that i have inadvertently corrected the calibration of this map (although I strongly doubt it.) This brings me to another improvement suggestion: It should be displayed in the status bar when a map has been manually corrected in this way (or an option: Save calibration changes permanently?)

Nice buttons!

Edit: A small warning message is needed when users have changed the button size: "You have to restart Oruxmaps..."

- The button bars would look even better if there were no gaps between the upper horizontal and the vertical bars.

Last edited by MB on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:32 am; edited 4 times in total

MB

Back to top Go down

Post  nulled Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:57 am

Bug in v2.9.8 beta
I can't load Offline Maps that were working in previous verison.

nulled

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:13 am

nulled wrote:Bug in v2.9.8 beta

No such problems here.

MB

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 am

MB wrote:Bugs in version 2.9.8:

- Several crashes and other misbehaviour when using the autoload maps function.

Thanks, MB;

It is important to catch some of those crashes; please, install aLogcat, and send me a log file after some of them

MB wrote:
- Zoom problem: The on-screen zoom buttons only do zoom inside one sqlite database. The zoom does not seem to work when I have maps at different zoom layers in different sqlite databases. This worked fine in 2.8.4 (can't remember how it was in the previous beta.) EDIT: Later tests show that this works fine after rebooting the phone, and after disabling autoload maps).

I have done some changes in zoom behaviour; I will do more tests.

do you work always with sqlite maps from MOBAC or OruxMaps built-in creator?

MB wrote:
- Program gives wrong position on a map made in Oruxmaps Desktop which worked fine in previous versions (error ca 500 mts). I have checked that the projection is o.k.

could you send me the .otrk2.xml file?

MB wrote:
Nice buttons!

Edit: A small warning message is needed when users have changed the button size: "You have to restart Oruxmaps..."

- The button bars would look even better if there were no gaps between the upper horizontal and the vertical bars.

we need space for the status bar, but,....
perhaps I can move the status bar if vertical bars are present.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:34 am

nulled wrote:Bug in v2.9.8 beta

Hi;

try 'update maps db' in main screen, menu.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:39 am

@orux: See edits my my previous post

I'll send the whole map - it was made while ago, and without sqlite.

Except for some old, "hand-made" maps, I only use sqilte. I discovered that several GB of maps in the old format make file explorers like EStrongs crash when performing searches - apparently, the many thousands of folders in the old format was too much, even for the Desire.

MB

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Wpt and track filtering function does not work properly - at least not the date and distance filters.

In some cases, all wpts are shown, in other, Oruxmaps shows no wpts/tracks - but the result is never correct, and it seems like the program "forgets" the filter settings - when I open the filtering function again, there are no changes in the settings.

MB

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:27 pm

MB wrote:Wpt and track filtering function does not work properly - at least not the date and distance filters.

In some cases, all wpts are shown, in other, Oruxmaps shows no wpts/tracks - but the result is never correct,

I have been testing, but seems to work. Remember to select the checkboxes of the criterias you want to aply. More than one checkbox equals to an 'AND' condition.

thanks

MB wrote:
and it seems like the program "forgets" the filter settings - when I open the filtering function again, there are no changes in the settings.

Is done so expressly. I have not clear whether to clear the previous selection or to maintain it. I usually prefer to appear clean. Perhaps a checkbox to keep/delete the next time.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Tested wpt filtering this evening, was not able to reproduce the error. Probably my fault.

MB

Back to top Go down

3.0 in the market Empty prompt of finishing of calibration

Post  newnaw Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 am

A little suggestion, there could be a prompt when finish the calibration.
And is it possible to make the calibration to a map permanently? Because I thought if a map needs calibration, it means its calibration coordinates are wrong, if the calibration action could write the new coordinates into the database, this would be better. Wink

newnaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next