OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3.0 in the market

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3.0 in the market - Page 2 Empty Re: 3.0 in the market

Post  nulled Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:36 am

"update maps db" doesn't help.
I'm using file maps.

nulled

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

3.0 in the market - Page 2 Empty TC

Post  TC Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:38 am

I also encounter crash when I open online maps or from one offline map when I start the GPS. I have an HTC Desire with Adroid 2.2. I can send you my logs by mail if you give me your email.

TC

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:59 pm

nulled wrote:"update maps db" doesn't help.
I'm using file maps.

hmmm, strange;

please, reinstall the beta. remember to unmount the sdcard from your PC previously.

could you send me one-two .otrk2.xml files from your maps? --> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  nulled Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:36 am

Reinstall won't help.

Here is the whole map package.
Created with Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8 beta 1.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/1222d07644_4.36MB

nulled

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:21 am

Hi,
there is a name conflict in this map. Map name is set as Xiaowutai, but all other files are named "Layer name". This means that Oruxmaps can't find them. The map works fine if you open the .otrk2 file with a text editor and change the line

<MapName><![CDATA[xiaowutai]]><\MapName>

to

<MapName><![CDATA[Layer name]]><\MapName>

If this map has worked in previous versions of Oruxmaps, it might be because you have changed the name after having used it for the first time.

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  nulled Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:34 am

I've changed it several days ago.
Thanks for the help.

nulled

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:56 pm

nulled wrote:I've changed it several days ago.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks, MB!

The current version is much faster creating the database of maps, but is more restrictive. It is therefore possible that this map could work with 2.8.4, but not with 2.9.x.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 am

Possible bug, but perhaps just inadequate programming from the source:

The bookmarklet on this page

GmaptoGPX

makes it possible to extract GPX data from Google maps. Sometimes it is possible to import them into Oruxmaps, sometimes not. This one failed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gpx version="1.1"
creator="GMapToGPX 6.4b - http://www.elsewhere.org/GMapToGPX/"
xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
<wpt lat="40.76489" lon="-73.97934">
<name>The Russian Tea Room (150 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019)</name>
<cmt>150 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019 (The Russian Tea Room)</cmt>
<desc>150 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019 (The Russian Tea Room)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.70507" lon="-74.0102">
<name>Delmonico's Restaurant (56 Beaver Street, New York, NY 10004-4130)</name>
<cmt>56 Beaver Street, New York, NY 10004-4130 (Delmonico's Restaurant)</cmt>
<desc>56 Beaver Street, New York, NY 10004-4130 (Delmonico's Restaurant)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.70354" lon="-74.01115">
<name>Fraunces Tavern (54 Pearl Street, New York, NY 10004-4300)</name>
<cmt>54 Pearl Street, New York, NY 10004-4300 (Fraunces Tavern)</cmt>
<desc>54 Pearl Street, New York, NY 10004-4300 (Fraunces Tavern)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.7403" lon="-74.00719">
<name>Fig & Olive Restaurant (416 West 13th Street, New York, NY 10014-1174)</name>
<cmt>416 West 13th Street, New York, NY 10014-1174 (Fig & Olive Restaurant)</cmt>
<desc>416 West 13th Street, New York, NY 10014-1174 (Fig & Olive Restaurant)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.72236" lon="-73.98721">
<name>Katz's Delicatessen Inc (205 East Houston Street, New York, NY 10002-1098)</name>
<cmt>205 East Houston Street, New York, NY 10002-1098 (Katz's Delicatessen Inc)</cmt>
<desc>205 East Houston Street, New York, NY 10002-1098 (Katz's Delicatessen Inc)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.71462" lon="-73.99865">
<name>Peking Duck House (Frnt A, 28 Mott Street, New York, NY 10013-5000)</name>
<cmt>Frnt A, 28 Mott Street, New York, NY 10013-5000 (Peking Duck House)</cmt>
<desc>Frnt A, 28 Mott Street, New York, NY 10013-5000 (Peking Duck House)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.76789" lon="-73.98233">
<name>landmarc [at the time warner center] (10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019)</name>
<cmt>10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019 (landmarc [at the time warner center])</cmt>
<desc>10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019 (landmarc [at the time warner center])</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.71477" lon="-73.99794">
<name>Joe's Shanghai Restaurant (9 Pell Street, New York, NY 10013-5134)</name>
<cmt>9 Pell Street, New York, NY 10013-5134 (Joe's Shanghai Restaurant)</cmt>
<desc>9 Pell Street, New York, NY 10013-5134 (Joe's Shanghai Restaurant)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.75936" lon="-73.97312">
<name>Lever House (390 Park Ave, New York, 10022)</name>
<cmt>390 Park Ave, New York, 10022 (Lever House)</cmt>
<desc>390 Park Ave, New York, 10022 (Lever House)</desc>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="40.71959" lon="-73.99054">
<name>Delancey Street (115 Allen Street, New York, NY 10002-2970)</name>
<cmt>115 Allen Street, New York, NY 10002-2970 (Delancey Street)</cmt>
<desc>115 Allen Street, New York, NY 10002-2970 (Delancey Street)</desc>
</wpt>
</gpx>

... and I am almost sure that the cause is the use of the &-sign in the name "Fig & Olive REstaurant", which Oruxmaps - like Firefox's xml editor - seems to interpret as an error in the XML-code, not as an ordinary letter. Today, it is necessary to manually remove the & in order to import the file - or to convert the file to kml (which does not always work, either.) Would it be possible to find a less tedious way around this problem, so that Oruxmaps can import this and similar files directly?

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:44 pm

MB wrote:Possible bug, but perhaps just inadequate programming from the source:

... and I am almost sure that the cause is the use of the &-sign in the name "Fig & Olive REstaurant", which Oruxmaps - like Firefox's xml editor - seems to interpret as an error in the XML-code, not as an ordinary letter. Today, it is necessary to manually remove the & in order to import the file - or to convert the file to kml (which does not always work, either.) Would it be possible to find a less tedious way around this problem, so that Oruxmaps can import this and similar files directly?

You are right; it is a bad-formed xml. You can not use &; you should use &amp;, or embed all the name in a data element:
<![CDATA['any character']]>

OruxMaps relies in a SAXParser to read xml files. This component throws an error, and it is difficult to know the cause.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  lohtse Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:51 pm

THANK YOU soooooooooooooooooooo much for the Ordnance survey online sources on Orux maps..... THIS IS NOW 95% perfect... just need larger compass or ability to change size and details(eg have north south indicators) and OSGB map ref displays and then 100% perfect and a donation in someway heading your way ...

thank you for listening to the users thats what good supports is about...

regards
Lohtse

lohtse

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:10 pm

lohtse wrote:THANK YOU soooooooooooooooooooo much for the Ordnance survey online sources on Orux maps..... THIS IS NOW 95% perfect... just need larger compass or ability to change size and details(eg have north south indicators) and OSGB map ref displays and then 100% perfect and a donation in someway heading your way ...

thank you for listening to the users thats what good supports is about...

regards
Lohtse

lothse thanks;

All in good time Smile

OSGB map ref seems to need a cookie; not easy to implement.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  lohtse Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:03 am

Would it be possible to see a list of improvements and forth coming ones???

Also would it be possible to have a copy of the code that allows you to download maps from Multimaps and other ordnance survey sources?? Have a windows ppc with app that allows online mapping and allows adding of sources so would love to be able to add them..

email is aboveandbelowtraining AT o2.co.uk (at=@)

thank you

regards
Lohtse

lohtse

Back to top Go down

Post  petesx Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 am

Hi Orux,
Currently running 2.9.9 beta on HTC desire with no problems so far - other than the "about" box shows v2.9.2?
Thanks for adding UK OS maps to online source - Oruxmaps is now exactly what I've been waiting for.

Quick question - How do I create my own cursor? Tried adding a windows style .cur file to sdcard/oruxmaps/cursors but it's not available from cursor mode. I'm happy with the arrow cursors provided but would rather the tip of the arrow indicate my position rather than the centre of the arrow - and figure if I can create my own I will.

In a future version is there a possibility to have the option of Track Logging Active when starting the application with an auto save function when exiting the map viewer?

Finally - a big question. I'm not a programmer but I believe most android apps are written in java or similar? Would it be possible to port OruxMaps to run on a desktop PC? Linux and / or Windows?
I currently use OziExplorer to plan out my routes, but I'm sure OruxMaps for the desktop would do just as well and then I'd only need to maintain one set of maps.

Many thanks for all your hard work - donation on its way.

petesx

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:10 pm

petesx wrote:Hi Orux,
Currently running 2.9.9 beta on HTC desire with no problems so far - other than the "about" box shows v2.9.2?
Thanks for adding UK OS maps to online source - Oruxmaps is now exactly what I've been waiting for.

Quick question - How do I create my own cursor? Tried adding a windows style .cur file to sdcard/oruxmaps/cursors but it's not available from cursor mode. I'm happy with the arrow cursors provided but would rather the tip of the arrow indicate my position rather than the centre of the arrow - and figure if I can create my own I will.

In a future version is there a possibility to have the option of Track Logging Active when starting the application with an auto save function when exiting the map viewer?

Finally - a big question. I'm not a programmer but I believe most android apps are written in java or similar? Would it be possible to port OruxMaps to run on a desktop PC? Linux and / or Windows?
I currently use OziExplorer to plan out my routes, but I'm sure OruxMaps for the desktop would do just as well and then I'd only need to maintain one set of maps.

Many thanks for all your hard work - donation on its way.

Hi, petesx;

--about cursor: you have to add png images in oruxmaps/cursors/ folder. Those images will be added to 'cursor mode'.

--I will study your suggestion about auto start/stop logging.

--Sorry, but it is not possible to port oruxmaps to a desktop PC. It is Java, but uses some libraries that can not be used in a Win/Lin desktop environment.

thanks for your comments.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

3.0 in the market - Page 2 Empty TC

Post  TC Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Relly good version... just few comments and suggestions. Since I'm using the French version, I'm not sure 100 % of all terms in english :

- CRASH... seems to occurs only when I have the option "Display table" switched on (maybe you received a log about it, I uses latest beta).
- The time to arival, distance to destination and bearig to destination is displayed only when "tracking" is on. Is it a reason for that ? Must be active when we start to follow a route (or waypoints).
- I'm using it for sailing... and one nice measurement I'd like to have is VMG (speed in direction to waypoint, I'm sure you know how to calculate it).
- would be nice to use the multi-touch "pinch zooming" for zoom (like pictures). In case of multiple-layer, jump to the nearest layer and zoom in on more detailed one and out on larger one. Probably tricky to implement, but would make the application really pleasant to use...

otherwise, the application is close to "perfection"... even if there's always something to improve.

TC

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:27 pm

TC wrote:Relly good version... just few comments and suggestions. Since I'm using the French version, I'm not sure 100 % of all terms in english :

- CRASH... seems to occurs only when I have the option "Display table" switched on (maybe you received a log about it, I uses latest beta).
- The time to arival, distance to destination and bearig to destination is displayed only when "tracking" is on. Is it a reason for that ? Must be active when we start to follow a route (or waypoints).
- I'm using it for sailing... and one nice measurement I'd like to have is VMG (speed in direction to waypoint, I'm sure you know how to calculate it).
- would be nice to use the multi-touch "pinch zooming" for zoom (like pictures). In case of multiple-layer, jump to the nearest layer and zoom in on more detailed one and out on larger one. Probably tricky to implement, but would make the application really pleasant to use...

otherwise, the application is close to "perfection"... even if there's always something to improve.

Catched the crash! An 'item' lost in the French translation, my fault.

VMG--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_made_good Not difficult to calculate; added to 'TODO' list.

eta,...-->yes, needs tracklogging mode. Uses some of the capabilities of this mode. Perhaps I make some changes....

multitouch--> working with it, but for next to 3.0 version.

thanks,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  stormto Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:00 pm

In the energy-consumption-information of my HTC Desire OruxMaps is on the top, even I did not use the application.
It is leading the list with far above 90%! I don't know how this can be, since theirs no orux-service running... Shocked

stormto

Back to top Go down

Post  stormtro Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:17 pm

....okaaaay,
somehow my device got totally confused.
the energy consumption looks always like this:

Android System 60%
Display 20%
WLAN 10%
Handy-Standby 10%

Now instead of "Android System" there is OrusMaps on top! And no Android System at all.
I don't know how but the device must have confused just the text of both Shocked Shocked Shocked

After reboot everything is back to normal flower

stormtro

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:21 pm

stormtro wrote:....okaaaay,
somehow my device got totally confused.
the energy consumption looks always like this:

Android System 60%
Display 20%
WLAN 10%
Handy-Standby 10%

Now instead of "Android System" there is OrusMaps on top! And no Android System at all.
I don't know how but the device must have confused just the text of both Shocked Shocked Shocked

After reboot everything is back to normal flower

Hi;

The statistics you see are a value accumulated since the last time you turn on your device (I think). If you used oruxmaps recently, with the gps, then you may see a high consumption of this application for a long time, even after switching off oruxmaps.

If you restart your phone, then oruxmaps should disappear from the statistics.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  stormtro Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 am

tested with 2.9.10.

It's not possible to see the track profile of a recorded track.
If I am in >Statistics< nothing happens if I press >See graphics< ...

stormtro

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:20 pm

stormtro wrote:tested with 2.9.10.

It's not possible to see the track profile of a recorded track.
If I am in >Statistics< nothing happens if I press >See graphics< ...

Hi;

You have to select what you want to see (altitude, speed, slope, heart bpm).

If the track is empty, nothing should be displayed.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  stormtro Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:45 am

uhh, I see. My fault. Sad

Looks pretty good! cheers

stormtro

Back to top Go down

3.0 in the market - Page 2 Empty Re: New beta, preparing 3.0....

Post  hopper01 Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:09 am

Hi,

Recently bought the HTC desire and was looking for an application supported for android like Oziexplorer which i used on my PDA for my Mountainbike trips . ran into Oruxmaps which i liked a lot , only problem i had is, that the conversion/calibration of my Ozie maps has some mismatches, even when i do the calibration manually using your desktop application and providing the coordinates for all corners. I always have an offset of 50-100 metres. With the new beta, i can correct the offset, unfortunately this is not a permanent calibration change. My wish for the next release is to make the calibration change permanent for the map you are calibrating. Another wish is to provide an option for 3d view of the map.

For the rest, really like the application, works like a charm

Thanks

hopper01

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:57 pm

hopper01 wrote:Hi,

Recently bought the HTC desire and was looking for an application supported for android like Oziexplorer which i used on my PDA for my Mountainbike trips . ran into Oruxmaps which i liked a lot , only problem i had is, that the conversion/calibration of my Ozie maps has some mismatches, even when i do the calibration manually using your desktop application and providing the coordinates for all corners. I always have an offset of 50-100 metres. With the new beta, i can correct the offset, unfortunately this is not a permanent calibration change. My wish for the next release is to make the calibration change permanent for the map you are calibrating. Another wish is to provide an option for 3d view of the map.

For the rest, really like the application, works like a charm

Thanks

Hi, hopper;

send me one of those ozi maps-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content