OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, tiny postage stamp size maps

Go down

Help, tiny postage stamp size maps Empty Help, tiny postage stamp size maps

Post  swngdncr Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:01 am

Hi, I'm using mobile atlas creator to make maps for our trip to Death Valley. I followed all the instructions, the map folder was created on my laptop, I copied it to my android, and Orux found the map. But, when it opens it up, it's just a tiny postage stamp size map. What am I doing wrong? Sure appreciate any help, we are leaving on Thursday so I don't have much time to get this figured out... -cj-

swngdncr

Back to top Go down

Help, tiny postage stamp size maps Empty Re: Help, tiny postage stamp size maps

Post  twoten Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:14 am

Just to double check the way you created the map:

In Mobac
1. Select the map you would like to create in 'Map Source'
2. Select the area on the map you want to copy (Should highlight in red overlay)
3. Select (tick) zoom levels required.
(changing zoom levels slider in the top left of the map will display each level for the map selected).
4. select 'OruxMaps sqlite' in the Atlas Settings
5. In 'settings' change Map size to 1048575
6. In 'Atlas Content' change 'Unnamed Atlas' to what you want it called
7. In the bottom of 'Atlas Content' change the 'Name' to the name you want to call your map
8. Once you have set everything up click on 'Add selection' Changes made after this will not update the selection.
9. Now finally click on 'create Atlas'

When Mobac has downloaded the required map tiles and created the map go to the Atlas folder and open it, you should now have the map in a directory with 2 files, an.XML file and a .db file. Copy the directory containing these 2 files to you phone.

When starting OruxMaps make sure you start from the home screen and the maps database is loaded.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  swngdncr Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:42 am

The steps are exactly the ones I used, with the exception that I selected "Orux Maps" as the format rather than "OruX Maps sqlite". I created a map I named "test" In the folder created by MOBAC the first folder is named like this: "test_2011-03-23_001858" the next folder below it is named "test", then there are a series of folders below that "Test 03, test 04' etc. and then one titled: test.otrk2.xml. It seems like I am following all the steps exactly as described...

swngdncr

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:08 am

swngdncr,

when using the OruxMaps format I have found the map doesn't always display as you would expect. I use OruxMaps sqlite and found it far more reliable.

What happens if you use 'OruxMaps sqlite'?

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down