OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zooming Offline Maps Doesn't Improve Detail

3 posters

Go down

Zooming Offline Maps Doesn't Improve Detail Empty Zooming Offline Maps Doesn't Improve Detail

Post  Marios Sat May 07, 2011 4:19 pm

I've been creating offline maps for a while, but recently I've run into a problem. The map downloads fine with no reported error. However, when I load the map and zoom, there's no additional detail at each zoom level. Instead, the image just gets more and more pixelated.

I've tried downloading a few times. I've uninstalled and re-installed including deleting the Oruxmaps folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Marios

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Zooming Offline Maps Doesn't Improve Detail Empty Re: Zooming Offline Maps Doesn't Improve Detail

Post  orux Sat May 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Marios wrote:I've been creating offline maps for a while, but recently I've run into a problem. The map downloads fine with no reported error. However, when I load the map and zoom, there's no additional detail at each zoom level. Instead, the image just gets more and more pixelated.

I've tried downloading a few times. I've uninstalled and re-installed including deleting the Oruxmaps folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Try this:

Open google maps, level 14.

Go to 'Map Creator'. Select zoom levels 12,13,14. Put any name. Create the map (it will be a small map).

Back to the map viewer. Zoom in/out. You should nevigate between layers 12 to 14; right?

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Zooming Offline Maps Doesn't Improve Detail Empty Re: Zooming Offline Maps Doesn't Improve Detail

Post  Marios Sat May 07, 2011 9:31 pm

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't make a difference. However, I did actually find the fix. Instead of using the magnifying glass icon, I used my fingers to zoom right on the screen. That fixed it and now even the magnifying glass works to zoom in / out.

Thanks for your help!

Marios

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sun May 08, 2011 8:01 am

If you are using the latest Beta v3.5.5 there are new controls in the settings/application menu to define how buttons, volume & pinch control the different zooms.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down