OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape

2 posters

Go down

SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape Empty SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape

Post  kroono Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:45 pm

My country has not simply shape, that I can mark with unique square (in MOBAC). Selecting one area (that is much larger than my country) requires more than 39.000 tiles. Selecting ONLY area that my country covers, it is required 12.687 tiles (around 60Mb) - but on this way OruxMaps Android application cannot use all these maps as UNIQUE! Only way how to use is load each map, and then view.

I have downloaded 24 maps (in OruxMaps Sqlite format), and I wish to 'combine' it to one unique SQLITE database. How can I do it? Or, should I download triple more tiles (and mark unique square that covers unneeded parts of other countries), only to have one map?

I have tried to use OsmAnd, and this desktop application can do this combining. But OsmAnd doesn't have GPS tracking. OruxMaps seems much better, and I hope that somebody will know answer.

Please, help me.

kroono

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape Empty Re: SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape

Post  orux Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:23 pm

kroono wrote:My country has not simply shape, that I can mark with unique square (in MOBAC). Selecting one area (that is much larger than my country) requires more than 39.000 tiles. Selecting ONLY area that my country covers, it is required 12.687 tiles (around 60Mb) - but on this way OruxMaps Android application cannot use all these maps as UNIQUE! Only way how to use is load each map, and then view.

I have downloaded 24 maps (in OruxMaps Sqlite format), and I wish to 'combine' it to one unique SQLITE database. How can I do it? Or, should I download triple more tiles (and mark unique square that covers unneeded parts of other countries), only to have one map?

I have tried to use OsmAnd, and this desktop application can do this combining. But OsmAnd doesn't have GPS tracking. OruxMaps seems much better, and I hope that somebody will know answer.

Please, help me.

Hi;

You can create an atlas with MOBAC, with different map areas (display 'grid' at current zoom level, for better selection). Then put all the created maps into a directory inside OruxMaps mapfile/ directory.

OruxMaps will load the next map when you scroll the map if 'auto load map' feature is 'on'.

In next versions I will add seamless navigation between map (you will not see the blue background when OruxMaps reaches the end of current map). But this will be in future versions.

A lot of nice features of OruxMaps depends on perfect square (rectangle) maps.

SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape Pantallazomobileatlascr

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape Empty Re: SQLITE usage - many maps of the country that is not in square shape

Post  kroono Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Thank you Orux!

kroono

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down