OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux

+2
MB
orux
6 posters

Go down

Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux Empty Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux

Post  Craig Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:08 am

I would like to know if I can use a mapsource topo map for Garmin GPS in Orux on my Android.

Craig

Back to top Go down

Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux Empty Re: Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux

Post  orux Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Craig wrote:I would like to know if I can use a mapsource topo map for Garmin GPS in Orux on my Android.

Hi, Craig;

OruxMaps can not use Garmin maps.

Perhaps you can transform them to Ozi, and then to OruxMaps; I have found that:

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=10079

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux Empty More on Garmin maps on OruxMaps

Post  Pere Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Pere

Back to top Go down

Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux Empty Re: Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux

Post  MB Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Tutorial (perhaps outdated?) here:

Garmin to Orux

The author of the tutorial mentions that Oruxmaps Desktop creates a small error when converting from Ozi to Oruxmaps. I think (but do not know) that this issue has been fixed in later versions.

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux Empty I strongly wnat use garmin maps on oruxmaps

Post  crossman Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 pm

I strongly wnat use garmin maps on oruxmaps because garmin map is very detail and and easy to hadling
I have used pathaway which can overlay raster map on garmap and it was the best,safe and reliable way to climb mountain.
on line map is helpful but it is not reliable on the mountain where usally can not conncet network service

if orux can use garmin maps, many window mobile users who now uses android OS choose gps software ORUXmaps

crossman

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm

crossman wrote:I strongly wnat use garmin maps on oruxmaps because garmin map is very detail and and easy to hadling
I have used pathaway which can overlay raster map on garmap and it was the best,safe and reliable way to climb mountain.
on line map is helpful but it is not reliable on the mountain where usally can not conncet network service

if orux can use garmin maps, many window mobile users who now uses android OS choose gps software ORUXmaps

Hi,

Last beta adds initial support to .img maps;

please, post feedback.

-->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Boru Mon May 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi,
Good news it is feature what I'm waiting long time Very Happy

So, I have checked it with one of my map and it looks little different than on my garmin (see picture). Probably it is caused by not standard TYP file, is Orux supporting customization in this file?

Using Mapsource (Garmin) topo maps on Orux 20120520230642.th

Boru

Boru
Boru

Cantidad de envíos : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  mike78 Thu May 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Orux,

first of all: In my opinion, OruxMaps is the best map-tool for android! Great work !! Keep at it!!

Now my feedback for garmin-maps-test:
with the current .42beta .img-files seems to be loaded on my defy+. But unfortunately only a little part of the map is loaded.
Example: I downloaded the garmin-map-file for bavaria from raumbezug.eu (http://raumbezug.eu/ag/internet/osmGarmin.htm -> Deutschland -> Bayern -> gmapsupp.img). From this map-file only the part arround munich is loaded and displayed. In this area the zoom and scrolling works very fine, but the rest of bavaria is invisible :-(

Mike

mike78

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  dodoche Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 pm

wicked.. works quite well with home made IMG file Smile

Thks a lot flower

dodoche

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Wed May 30, 2012 3:40 am

Hi dodoche,

Would you mind providing details on how you create home made IMG files? I found the following resource but before I proceed down this path, could you confirm it is similar to the process you used that works in OruxMaps?

http://www.keenpeople.com/index.php?option=articles&task=viewarticle&artid=4&Itemid=3

Cheers,

Icarus

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Icarus wrote:Hi dodoche,

Would you mind providing details on how you create home made IMG files? I found the following resource but before I proceed down this path, could you confirm it is similar to the process you used that works in OruxMaps?

http://www.keenpeople.com/index.php?option=articles&task=viewarticle&artid=4&Itemid=3

Cheers,

Icarus

Hi;

Current version can not read the new garmin format (gmp format). But I am working with that problem.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Boru Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi Orux,
Excellent job, the New beta 4.8.49 renders maps very well.
Some information what i observed during the test. My maps set in fact contains four maps as follow:
Code:
File:      H:/Garmin/Orux_GoryPL_1.img, length 10523648
Header:     26.06.2012 20:54:46, DSKIMG, XOR 00, V 0.00, Ms 0
Mapset:     Orux_GoryPL_1

Map              length s-f  CP    prio  PID  FID  name
 GRAFIKA  TYP    14388  1  1250          1  4837
 I2DCF12C MPC  2366344  6  1250  25      1  4837  Góry_PL
 I2DCF12D MPC  2953248  6  1250  25      1  4837  Góry_PL
 I2DCF138 MPC  2044478  6  1250  25      1  4837  Góry_PL
 I2DCF139 MPC  3095025  6  1250  25      1  4837  Góry_PL
 MAPSOURC MPS      360  1

Data MPS
 V: Orux_GoryPL_1 (0)
 F: PID 1, FID 4037, Orux_GoryPL_1
 F: PID 1, FID 4837, Góry_PL_2010_10_DEM
But on screen i see only one map "I2DCF139 MPC" no other one are displayed. This effect is common for other maps which i have tested.

Again, greet job, and i waiting for the next versions.
Boru
Boru
Boru

Cantidad de envíos : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down