OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange zoom out behaviour

3 posters

Go down

Strange zoom out behaviour Empty Strange zoom out behaviour

Post  GuustFlater Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Orux,

I just noticed a strange behaviour when zooming out. I have a single layer map (created from an old Ozi map) which is larger than the part shown in the attached screenshot. For some reason only a part of the map is shown and all the tiles are being reloaded continuously (see bottom left two tiles). Zoom is 16@20%
I expected to be able to zoom out to see the whole map (without detail off course).

I use the 4.1.18beta version. I do not know if this is new in this release or if it has been there for longer time.
The whole map is approximately 5mb.
Strange zoom out behaviour Orux1

GuustFlater

Cantidad de envíos : 21

Back to top Go down

Strange zoom out behaviour Empty Re: Strange zoom out behaviour

Post  tramp20 Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:09 am

Hi,
I have this behavior too since the last beta :-(

tramp20

Cantidad de envíos : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:30 pm

GuustFlater wrote:Hi Orux,

I just noticed a strange behaviour when zooming out. I have a single layer map (created from an old Ozi map) which is larger than the part shown in the attached screenshot. For some reason only a part of the map is shown and all the tiles are being reloaded continuously (see bottom left two tiles). Zoom is 16@20%
I expected to be able to zoom out to see the whole map (without detail off course).

I use the 4.1.18beta version. I do not know if this is new in this release or if it has been there for longer time.
The whole map is approximately 5mb.
Strange zoom out behaviour Orux1

Hi,

It is normal that you can not see the entir map when zooming out if you do not create a 'multilayer map' With OruxMapsDesktop.

The other problem (continous reload) is a bug, solved in next beta (1-2 DAYS)

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  GuustFlater Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Orux,

Thanks for the new Beta which solves the reloading issue!
Regarding the possibility to zoom out to see the whole map, why is this not possible? I understand you wont be able to see much detail, but it can be convenient to get an overview. Is this memory related? For me it would be very nice to be able to see the whole map (just to see where I am on the map).

GuustFlater

Cantidad de envíos : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:21 pm

GuustFlater wrote:Hi Orux,

Thanks for the new Beta which solves the reloading issue!
Regarding the possibility to zoom out to see the whole map, why is this not possible? I understand you wont be able to see much detail, but it can be convenient to get an overview. Is this memory related? For me it would be very nice to be able to see the whole map (just to see where I am on the map).

Hi;

You can if you create the map with multilayer option in OruxMapsDesktop.

It is a memory problem. An example, at zoom 20% OruxMaps might need to load and scale 13x13 tiles = 169 images. This will take a time, specially with old android devices. And all the images must be trashed each time you use button zoom, because android gives only 16mb to each application.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down