OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFLINE loads only World map

4 posters

Go down

OFFLINE loads only World map Empty OFFLINE loads only World map

Post  otavio Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi !
Im using Orux on Motorola DEFY Android.

The problem is:
When trying to load OFFLINE maps (created inside orux) is shows all map names but when selecting,
It only loads the world map.
The map folder is in the correct place and folder names are also the same as folder name.
The folder structure seems correct...
PLEASE HELP!!

otavio

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

OFFLINE loads only World map Empty Re: OFFLINE loads only World map

Post  orux Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:09 pm

otavio wrote:Hi !
Im using Orux on Motorola DEFY Android.

The problem is:
When trying to load OFFLINE maps (created inside orux) is shows all map names but when selecting,
It only loads the world map.
The map folder is in the correct place and folder names are also the same as folder name.
The folder structure seems correct...
PLEASE HELP!!

Hi;

when you load the map, is the GPS on?

seeing the world map, with the GPS off, press the 'map', and attempt to load one of the maps.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

OFFLINE loads only World map Empty Off line maps only loads world maps. Even if I create new offline maps inside orux..

Post  otavio Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Nope!!
Did not work...
GPS on when trying to load offline maps... (only loads world map)
GPS off also only loads only world map... Even if I create new offline maps inside orux..

otavio

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:15 pm

otavio wrote:Nope!!
Did not work...
GPS on when trying to load offline maps... (only loads world map)
GPS off also only loads only world map... Even if I create new offline maps inside orux..

Hmm;

really strange!

The last resource of IT Wink

1.-uninstall OruxMaps;
2.-rename oruxmaps/ folder, to oruxmaps_/
3.-reinstall OruxMaps
4.-try again.

There is an example map here-->
http://www.oruxmaps.com
please, try if your maps do not work,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  otavio Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 pm

After rename the folder. I did install it again. It created a new folder...
And still the same. It only loads de world map.
I did create a new offline map using google map. And when I select it, it loads the world map...
Its a BUG?
TnKs!

otavio

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 pm

otavio wrote:After rename the folder. I did install it again. It created a new folder...
And still the same. It only loads de world map.
I did create a new offline map using google map. And when I select it, it loads the world map...
Its a BUG?
TnKs!

Strange; it is working fine to >200.000 users; it is not a bug.

Have you tried the test map, from the web site?

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  otavio Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:26 am

Yes. The downloaded maps from site (barcelona & Madrid) work great.
But, what could I be doing wrong?
When I create maps from Google maps, they just do not load...
IS there any tip?
Something I could see is:
-The maps I try to create are: one .xml file and one .db file
-The maps I downloaded from site are: one set folder with several .omc2 files plus two .DS_Store plus two .otrk2.xml file.

What could i be doing wrong when creating maps from google inside Orux?
TnKs
Best Regards.

otavio

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 pm

otavio wrote:Yes. The downloaded maps from site (barcelona & Madrid) work great.
But, what could I be doing wrong?
When I create maps from Google maps, they just do not load...
IS there any tip?
Something I could see is:
-The maps I try to create are: one .xml file and one .db file
-The maps I downloaded from site are: one set folder with several .omc2 files plus two .DS_Store plus two .otrk2.xml file.

What could i be doing wrong when creating maps from google inside Orux?
TnKs
Best Regards.

Hmmm;

Please, build a small map (levels 4-6; 50-60 tiles), put it into a zip, send to --> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  otavio Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello! Yes! I Did send the map.

otavio

Back to top Go down

OFFLINE loads only World map Empty another one of us...

Post  ddt000 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:24 am

Hi,

I created an offline map through OruxMaps Desktop, and found that it would load, but when I turned on GPS tracking it would switch to a different offline map, so I removed the other one from the directory, and instead it would switch to the World map... so I removed it too, and then it tries to find the World map. Terrible explanation I know! But I thought a second on this issue (auto map change when unwarranted) might be helpful, and I need to run. App and system info:

OruxMaps v.4.8.25
Motorola Droid X
Android 2.3.3
Verizon 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Build # 4.5.1_57_DX-35
Baseband Version BP_C_01.09.13P
(enough?!? Smile

ddt000

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 pm

ddt000 wrote:Hi,

I created an offline map through OruxMaps Desktop, and found that it would load, but when I turned on GPS tracking it would switch to a different offline map, so I removed the other one from the directory, and instead it would switch to the World map... so I removed it too, and then it tries to find the World map. Terrible explanation I know! But I thought a second on this issue (auto map change when unwarranted) might be helpful, and I need to run. App and system info:

OruxMaps v.4.8.25
Motorola Droid X
Android 2.3.3
Verizon 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Build # 4.5.1_57_DX-35
Baseband Version BP_C_01.09.13P
(enough?!? Smile

Hello;

Sure a problem with the calibration of the map created with OruxMapsDersktop

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

OFFLINE loads only World map Empty OFFLINE MAPS CRASHED WHEN GPS IS ON

Post  ADOLFOHERNANDEZ Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:17 am

Well, it is like the other posts suggest, when you load and offline map, an then turn on your gps the map crashes into the infamous worl map. And there is nothing you can do to fix this, BUT, a big but, I started using a rather heavy offline map last sunday (April 22th) and with almost 1500 wpt´s and this is what is really strange, It work very well for four whole days, using the device (GT-P1010) all the day, I mean 18 hours a day, and then, OMG confused , when I started working on the device with the oruxmaps on thursday (April 26th) it stop working and did start giving me the crash event, but like an hour late It came to life again and (thanks for that!) it allow me to complete my job. Today (April 27th) it´s not working at all, and again is crashing into world map! Sad I have the paid version a I (WE!) do really need some help here. scratch so please make an effort to fix this and explain it to US in the clearest way possible. THK

ADOLFOHERNANDEZ

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:16 pm

ADOLFOHERNANDEZ wrote:Well, it is like the other posts suggest, when you load and offline map, an then turn on your gps the map crashes into the infamous worl map. And there is nothing you can do to fix this, BUT, a big but, I started using a rather heavy offline map last sunday (April 22th) and with almost 1500 wpt´s and this is what is really strange, It work very well for four whole days, using the device (GT-P1010) all the day, I mean 18 hours a day, and then, OMG confused , when I started working on the device with the oruxmaps on thursday (April 26th) it stop working and did start giving me the crash event, but like an hour late It came to life again and (thanks for that!) it allow me to complete my job. Today (April 27th) it´s not working at all, and again is crashing into world map! Sad I have the paid version a I (WE!) do really need some help here. scratch so please make an effort to fix this and explain it to US in the clearest way possible. THK

Hi;

Sure you can do many things! Smile

A. - Do you really need a map of the world? It is a test map, you can delete it with your favorite file manager (oruxmaps/mapfiles/world map).
2. - Is the map well calibrated? It is easy to check: Open the map with the GPS off, and check that when zooming, all layers are centered at the same point (scroll the map previously to a well know position: a crossing, a characteristic building, ...). When in the deepest layer, open an online map; google maps, for example, it must be opened exactly at the same point you had centered the offline map.
3. - Is the point that the GPS takes you inside the offline map? Sometimes the GPS does not work very well. If the GPS gets you off the map, turn off the GPS, open an online map to see where is centering the map.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOLFOHERNANDEZ Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Ok, I did perform the procedures suggested with no succes, BUT, then I did created a new map, a smaller one, about 16 Mb and then open this new offline map, and then activate the gps and no problem, so I guest from this, that the oruxmaps do has a limit when it comes to the size or detail of the offline map, so at this point my recomendation to others with this same issue is to fragment the biggest maps into portions that the oruxmaps can manage! Razz That´s it. Cheers to all Very Happy

ADOLFOHERNANDEZ

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down