OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

4 posters

Go down

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE Empty BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  lorenzo.pozzoli Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 am

Hi, I really like your software,but i'd found very useful to have barometric altitude using the sensor of my galaxy note.
Is it possible to implement it?
Thank you so much

lorenzo.pozzoli

Cantidad de envíos : 17

Back to top Go down

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE Empty Re: BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  orux Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 pm

lorenzo.pozzoli wrote:Hi, I really like your software,but i'd found very useful to have barometric altitude using the sensor of my galaxy note.
Thank you so much

Done;

test last beta-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  lorenzo.pozzoli Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 pm

orux wrote:
lorenzo.pozzoli wrote:Hi, I really like your software,but i'd found very useful to have barometric altitude using the sensor of my galaxy note.
Thank you so much

Done;

test last beta-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux

Well done It seems very good..i'm gonna try it better.
Thank you very much

lorenzo.pozzoli

Cantidad de envíos : 17

Back to top Go down

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE Empty BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  bozo Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 am

Hi I'm using since two weeks now Oruxmaps with my new SE Xperia Active. Works like a charm so far. Now I found out that I can also use the barometric sensor of my Xperia Active and I know from my Garmin Edge that it works more precise then the GPS altitude measurement. Unfortunately the initial altitude it measures is not really reflecting the real altitude (about -60m to the real altitude). The measurement after the initial measurement seems to be good as expected but it could happen that you could go beyond the sea level as the initial measurement was to low. From my Garmin I know that it needs to calibrate the barometric sensor. Therefor you need to leave it for a while at one place with no movement. Result was in the past not so bad (+/-10m). How can I calibrate the barometric sensor in Oruxmaps?

If there is currently no method available would it be possible to enter the altitude for a GPS location? Then I could find out what the real altitude is and save it to a GPS location. Would be great to save more than one altitude-location combination.

Thanks for your support.

bozo

Last edited by bozo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just to add one sntence)

bozo

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm

bozo wrote:Hi I'm using since two weeks now Oruxmaps with my new SE Xperia Active. Works like a charm so far. Now I found out that I can also use the barometric sensor of my Xperia Active and I know from my Garmin Edge that it works more precise then the GPS altitude measurement. Unfortunately the initial altitude it measures is not really reflecting the real altitude (about -60m to the real altitude). The measurement after the initial measurement seems to be good as expected but it could happen that you could go beyond the sea level as the initial measurement was to low. From my Garmin I know that it needs to calibrate the barometric sensor. Therefor you need to leave it for a while at one place with no movement. Result was in the past not so bad (+/-10m). How can I calibrate the barometric sensor in Oruxmaps?

If there is currently no method available would it be possible to enter the altitude for a GPS location? Then I could find out what the real altitude is and save it to a GPS location. Would be great to save more than one altitude-location combination.

Thanks for your support.

bozo

Hi;

Start the gps, then use upper-right button: 'more'--'tweaks'--'calibrate gps'.

You have to do that in a position where you know the altitude, or:

Test the last beta -->www.oruxmaps.com/cs
There is a new 'AUTO' option, that calibrates the altimeter-barometer using the GPS (you need to keep your position 1-3 minutes).

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  bozo Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:38 am

Works great. Thank you.

Greatings from Germany

bozo

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  mathijsen Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:11 am

thank you for the hint. didn't find the barometer calibration option before, because it's placed in this "sub-sub menu". would be great if a next version provides a button in the button builder for barometer calibration.

mathijsen

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down