OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User defined grids

Go down

User defined grids Empty User defined grids

Post  sai Fri May 28, 2010 8:29 pm

A really great feature would be a user UTM grid like many GPSs have (Garmin etc).

It should allow you to specify at least a longitude origin, scale, false easting and false northing.

This would allow many users of grids based on the WGS-84 datum to easily create their own local grids.

For example, it would allow me to display New Zealand Map Grid coordinates, which we use for search and rescue applications and so on here in New Zealand. For many users, if they can't use the official local grids, the software just cannot be used. This feature would be a relatively simple way to quickly support a lot of global grid systems and make the software usable for a wide range of users that currently can't use it.

sai

Back to top Go down

User defined grids Empty Re: User defined grids

Post  orux Sat May 29, 2010 4:24 pm

sai wrote:A really great feature would be a user UTM grid like many GPSs have (Garmin etc).

It should allow you to specify at least a longitude origin, scale, false easting and false northing.

This would allow many users of grids based on the WGS-84 datum to easily create their own local grids.

For example, it would allow me to display New Zealand Map Grid coordinates, which we use for search and rescue applications and so on here in New Zealand. For many users, if they can't use the official local grids, the software just cannot be used. This feature would be a relatively simple way to quickly support a lot of global grid systems and make the software usable for a wide range of users that currently can't use it.

I will work with this in next versions,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Is there any news on this feature? Is it implemented yet?

Cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Wed May 11, 2011 1:49 pm

..or there is a way to do it under android with other programs? I'm quite desperate... trying to make work the Gauss-Boaga datum (italian)

Cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri May 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Cowboy wrote:..or there is a way to do it under android with other programs? I'm quite desperate... trying to make work the Gauss-Boaga datum (italian)

Hi;

If the map is calibrated with this grid/datum, you can use/display this datum & grid coordinates with OruxMaps.

But If you want to see these coordinates using another map (created with MOBAC, online maps like google maps,...) then still not possible.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Sat May 14, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks for the reply.

Nope the map is fine, I can calibrate any way I want... my problem is i would like to insert "gauss boaga" waypoints without have to convert them.

Cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down