OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Managing offline maps

2 posters

Go down

Managing offline maps Empty Managing offline maps

Post  MOHAMED.MABROUK Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Because of multi-layers in offline maps, it's difficult to have a good idea what your offline maps cover and what's not before you embark on an offroading trip like we plan in the Egyptian Sahara (Oruxmaps has become the dominant GPS sw amongst us instead of Oziexplorer). So here's my suggestion:
1-a screen to show all offline maps by the borders of the tiles of its smallest level (18 or 20).
2-find overlapping offline maps and allow to merge in one file (even if larger than 0.5 GB as long as they're under 2 GB)
3-find statistics of each offline map: levels, centroid of smallest point, area of smallest level
4-query if a certain route (kml track) is covered by existing offline maps (at one or 2 levels). this could be done by overlaying the kml route over the screen (first suggestion)

I wish to add options to download like using a kml or a full grid of points to be downloaded with a schedule day after day.

I am sure many are using offline maps as we do and may add to the above.

thanks for a GREAT App

MOHAMED.MABROUK

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Managing offline maps Empty Re: Managing offline maps

Post  orux Wed May 15, 2013 8:26 am

MOHAMED.MABROUK wrote:Because of multi-layers in offline maps, it's difficult to have a good idea what your offline maps cover and what's not before you embark on an offroading trip like we plan in the Egyptian Sahara (Oruxmaps has become the dominant GPS sw amongst us instead of Oziexplorer). So here's my suggestion:
1-a screen to show all offline maps by the borders of the tiles of its smallest level (18 or 20).
2-find overlapping offline maps and allow to merge in one file (even if larger than 0.5 GB as long as they're under 2 GB)
3-find statistics of each offline map: levels, centroid of smallest point, area of smallest level
4-query if a certain route (kml track) is covered by existing offline maps (at one or 2 levels). this could be done by overlaying the kml route over the screen (first suggestion)

I wish to add options to download like using a kml or a full grid of points to be downloaded with a schedule day after day.

I am sure many are using offline maps as we do and may add to the above.

thanks for a GREAT App

Hi, thanks;

take a look--> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down