OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty"

5 posters

Go down

Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty" Empty Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty"

Post  potifa Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:38 am

Hey Orux,

Thanks once more for your wonderful work. The deeper integration of GPSies.com is an awesome step in development. However, I notice a little flaw: When I do download a track and load it into the database, it is listed with "0km" - and I can't load the track in the map from there.

Already before, I have noticed the very same problem when I downloaded GPX tracks via browser from GPSies.com on my mobile phone. The files seem not to be downloaded completely. From my perception, this is not a problem of OruxMaps, but either of GPSies.com or maybe my phone (model - Sony Xperia Ray, Android 2.3). Just wondering if you (or one of the other forum readers) has an idea what could cause the problem.

Best wishes!

potifa

Cantidad de envíos : 20

Back to top Go down

Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty" Empty Re: Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty"

Post  orux Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:39 am

potifa wrote:Hey Orux,

Thanks once more for your wonderful work. The deeper integration of GPSies.com is an awesome step in development. However, I notice a little flaw: When I do download a track and load it into the database, it is listed with "0km" - and I can't load the track in the map from there.

Already before, I have noticed the very same problem when I downloaded GPX tracks via browser from GPSies.com on my mobile phone. The files seem not to be downloaded completely. From my perception, this is not a problem of OruxMaps, but either of GPSies.com or maybe my phone (model - Sony Xperia Ray, Android 2.3). Just wondering if you (or one of the other forum readers) has an idea what could cause the problem.

Best wishes!

Hi, thanks;

I think it is working fine (tested with android 2.3.6 and 4.xx).

When you import a track, select 'share' and sen me the track using mail-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty" Empty https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/t3506-downloading-tracks-from-gpsiescom-tracks-are-empty

Post  Rami204 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 am

I have the same problem with my Motorola defy.

Rami204

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty" Empty Re: Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty"

Post  orux Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Rami204 wrote:I have the same problem with my Motorola defy.

Ok;

there is a problem with some maps (if they are in kml format) solved for next version,

thanks,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  nurembergueso Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi,

it seems to be a problem with older Android versions. GPSies import doesn't work with my milestone2 (gingerbread) but works without problems on a nexus7 (jelly bean).

But there are also bugs in OruxMaps. For example: "Connecting with GPSies.com" -> "Connection with Everytrail failed." (?!?)

nurembergueso

nurembergueso

Cantidad de envíos : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 pm

nurembergueso wrote:Hi,

it seems to be a problem with older Android versions. GPSies import doesn't work with my milestone2 (gingerbread) but works without problems on a nexus7 (jelly bean).

But there are also bugs in OruxMaps. For example: "Connecting with GPSies.com" -> "Connection with Everytrail failed." (?!?)

nurembergueso

Hi;

try with last beta--> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Downloading tracks from GPSies.com: Tracks are "empty" Empty rename the file

Post  mhoff Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:51 am

Hello I have the same minor bug / problem on my Defy (but on the Galaxy Note it works)

As a workaround on the defy: After downloading the track from gpsies (creates a x.gpx file in the tracklogs directory) just rename this file fro xx.gpx -> xx.kml (since the format is kml) and import that file. This worked for me also on the Defy.

Grüße aus Heidelberg - Michael

mhoff

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down