OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New bug in 3.0.0: wrong tracklog segment data in display

2 posters

Go down

New bug in 3.0.0: wrong tracklog segment data in display Empty New bug in 3.0.0: wrong tracklog segment data in display

Post  cygnus Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi,

there is a new bug in version 3.0.0 in comparison to the previous version 2.8.4:

In tracklog mode, some data can be displayed on bottom of the screen, for example:

- Time
- Distance (of actual segment)
- average speed (of actual segment)

In the previous version 2.8.4, these data were displayed correctly for the actual segment. The values were displayed correctly for the last (actual) segment.

In the new version 3.0.0., these data are wrong. The display shows the values (time, distance avg. speed) for the complete track, not for the actual segment.

When I do a hiking tour, I use several segments in one daily tracklog, for example:

- segment 1: driving by car to the hiking location
- segment 2: hiking tour / walk
- segment 3: driving home by car.

During hiking /walking (while recording segment 2), I am only interested in the data (time, distance, avg. speed) for the actual segment 2. This worked well in the previous version.

With this bug in 3.0.0, the data display has become useless for me. Can I downgrade back to 2.8.4 without data loss?

Thanks in advance for fixing this bug. OruxMaps is a great app! Smile

cygnus

Cantidad de envíos : 13

Back to top Go down

New bug in 3.0.0: wrong tracklog segment data in display Empty Re: New bug in 3.0.0: wrong tracklog segment data in display

Post  orux Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:28 pm

cygnus wrote:Hi,

there is a new bug in version 3.0.0 in comparison to the previous version 2.8.4:

In tracklog mode, some data can be displayed on bottom of the screen, for example:

- Time
- Distance (of actual segment)
- average speed (of actual segment)

In the previous version 2.8.4, these data were displayed correctly for the actual segment. The values were displayed correctly for the last (actual) segment.

In the new version 3.0.0., these data are wrong. The display shows the values (time, distance avg. speed) for the complete track, not for the actual segment.

When I do a hiking tour, I use several segments in one daily tracklog, for example:

- segment 1: driving by car to the hiking location
- segment 2: hiking tour / walk
- segment 3: driving home by car.

During hiking /walking (while recording segment 2), I am only interested in the data (time, distance, avg. speed) for the actual segment 2. This worked well in the previous version.

With this bug in 3.0.0, the data display has become useless for me. Can I downgrade back to 2.8.4 without data loss?

Thanks in advance for fixing this bug. OruxMaps is a great app! Smile

Hi, cygnus;

It is not a bug.

I'm sorry, but it is not easy to have everyone happy. I will add the option: 'display total/segment values' in the next version.

There is no problem if you downgrade to 2.8.4. But please, always make a backup of your tracks database!

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

New bug in 3.0.0: wrong tracklog segment data in display Empty Re: New bug in 3.0.0: wrong tracklog segment data in display

Post  cygnus Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:48 pm

orux wrote:

I'm sorry, but it is not easy to have everyone happy. I will add the option: 'display total/segment values' in the next version.

Hi orux,

thanks for your quick response. Yes, this option ('display total/segment values') will be a big improvement. Very Happy

By the way: the new statistics page looks good. When I use it, I always activate "select segment" first.

Perhaps you could add a similar option for statistics: 'start statistics page with total / last segment by default' ?

Again, thanks for this great app. Keep up the good work! cheers

cygnus

Cantidad de envíos : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down