OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file

+2
kadmo23
orux
6 posters

Go down

Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Empty Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file

Post  Hannes Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi,

I appreciate a lot the high quality and rich feature set of OruxMaps. Thanks for all the effort done!
I have tested gps tracking with OruxMaps in combination with the Zephyr HxM bluetooth heart rate strap and, after each tracking, I exported the track to a gpx file. I've used OruxMaps 3.2.7, 3.3.8Beta and 3.3.9Beta on Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.2 (Froyo).

1.) I can’t find a desktop PC program capable of interpreting the heart rate data logged in the gpx file (I’ve tried Google Earth, Zone Five Sporttracks, Garmin Training Center and endomondo.com). Is there a program available with this capability?

2.) Opening the gpx files with a text editor, shows the heart rate date is written twice at the end of the file. The files have the following structure:
<gpx…>

<trk>
…//trackpoints are written here
<\trk>
<extensions>
<om:bpm xmlns:om="
67 2011-01-23T12:52:02Z
66 2011-01-23T12:52:05Z

63 2011-01-23T12:57:24Z
65 2011-01-23T12:57:27Z

</om:bpm>
</extensions>
</gpx>

The desktop PC programs mentioned above typically expect the heart rate data written together and in sync with the trackpoint data in the format:
<gpx…>

<trk>

<trkpt lat="50.9827352" lon="3.7221218">
<ele>3.0212402</ele>
<time>2011-01-22T19:59:54Z</time>
<extensions>
<tp1:TrackPointExtension>
<tp1:hr>86</tp1:hr>
</tp1:TrackPointExtension>
</extensions>
</trkpt>

<\trk>
</gpx>
Is it possible to include the heart rate data in the gpx files in a format compatible with Google Earth, etc?

Thanks in advance for considering this.

Hannes

Hannes

Back to top Go down

Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Empty Re: Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file

Post  orux Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Hannes wrote:Hi,

I appreciate a lot the high quality and rich feature set of OruxMaps. Thanks for all the effort done!
I have tested gps tracking with OruxMaps in combination with the Zephyr HxM bluetooth heart rate strap and, after each tracking, I exported the track to a gpx file. I've used OruxMaps 3.2.7, 3.3.8Beta and 3.3.9Beta on Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.2 (Froyo).

1.) I can’t find a desktop PC program capable of interpreting the heart rate data logged in the gpx file (I’ve tried Google Earth, Zone Five Sporttracks, Garmin Training Center and endomondo.com). Is there a program available with this capability?

2.) Opening the gpx files with a text editor, shows the heart rate date is written twice at the end of the file. The files have the following structure:
<gpx…>

<trk>
…//trackpoints are written here
<\trk>
<extensions>
<om:bpm xmlns:om=&quot

</om:bpm>
</extensions>
</gpx>

The desktop PC programs mentioned above typically expect the heart rate data written together and in sync with the trackpoint data in the format:
<gpx…>

<trk>

<trkpt lat="50.9827352" lon="3.7221218">
<ele>3.0212402</ele>
<time>2011-01-22T19:59:54Z</time>
<extensions>
<tp1:TrackPointExtension>
<tp1:hr>86</tp1:hr>
</tp1:TrackPointExtension>
</extensions>
</trkpt>

<\trk>
</gpx>
Is it possible to include the heart rate data in the gpx files in a format compatible with Google Earth, etc?

Thanks in advance for considering this.

Hannes

Hi, Hannes;

There is no standard for the inclusion of these data into a gpx file. The one you says, is from Garmin. But as seems to be widely used, even by other programs, I will include in this extension in OruxMaps gpx files. The heart rate measurements are not synchronized with the points of the route because you can take more heart measures that gps fixes, or vice versa.

Since no one asked me about the heart rate monitor, I had left the development of the integration with OruxMaps. Now I will put a little more attention.

One question, did you had previously the heart rate monitor, or you used the ORUXMAPS coupon to purchase it?.

Thanks.
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Empty Re: Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file

Post  Hannes Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for your quick reply,

First, to answer your question: at the time I bought the Zephyr heart rate strap, I didn't know of the existence of OruxMaps, so I didn’t use the OruxMaps coupon. It might help to promote OruxMaps as a Zephyr heart rate monitor compatible application to get included in the list of compatible applications on the Zephyr Technology website.

I would certainly appreciate the compatibility with the Garmin standard for gpx files of OruxMaps generated gpx files including heart rate data. This would allow to import the OruxMaps captured combined position and heart rate data in several PC based applications for offline analysis.

To be completely competitive with other training aid devices, OruxMaps would need to be capable of tracking synchronized gps and heart rate data with a sample interval as low as 1 sample each second.
On the Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.2, OruxMaps can log gps position at 1 second intervals (I use Settings>(GPS settings) Minimal time: 0.5 second).

I look forward to test any new OruxMaps feature related to combined position and heart rate data logging.

Best regards,
Hannes

Hannes

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 pm

hi,
i've discovered that your apps seems to support Zephyr straps.

i was looking for zephyr sportracks in google and discover this thread,

i 've just want to note that they are a huge demand of zephyr compatible apps in the store,

i've tested *ALL* of them, and found that the only one to export track+heart rate info (albeit, useless, because it does in 2 separate files) is Run.GPS

if you read forums in popular running apps for android (run.gps, runtastic, cardiotrainer, runkeeper, endomondo) they are a lot of demand in hear rate compatilibity, my vote goes to zephyr, is the one i have, also it's better than polar

i vote also for a function to export the track WITH the hear-rate (hint the best forma is not gpx, but TCX (suunto format)) so it can be imported in stantard cardio analizing programs, or google maps

if you need more info just ask, i have plenty of information about formats, features or all cardio apps in the market, etc...

regards !!

Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Enrique wrote:hi,
i've discovered that your apps seems to support Zephyr straps.

i was looking for zephyr sportracks in google and discover this thread,

i 've just want to note that they are a huge demand of zephyr compatible apps in the store,

i've tested *ALL* of them, and found that the only one to export track+heart rate info (albeit, useless, because it does in 2 separate files) is Run.GPS

if you read forums in popular running apps for android (run.gps, runtastic, cardiotrainer, runkeeper, endomondo) they are a lot of demand in hear rate compatilibity, my vote goes to zephyr, is the one i have, also it's better than polar

i vote also for a function to export the track WITH the hear-rate (hint the best forma is not gpx, but TCX (suunto format)) so it can be imported in stantard cardio analizing programs, or google maps

if you need more info just ask, i have plenty of information about formats, features or all cardio apps in the market, etc...

regards !!

Hi;

I think that tcx is a garmin format.

I am going to add garmin http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/TrackPointExtension/v1 information in next versions.

It is like:
<trkpt lat="51.506172000" lon="-0.035187000">
<ele>0.137000</ele>
<time>2008-08-20T07:04:48Z</time>
<extensions>
<gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
<gpxtpx:hr>111</gpxtpx:hr>
<gpxtpx:cad>151</gpxtpx:cad>
</gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
</extensions>
</trkpt>

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  enrique Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:56 pm

thanks you very much for considering, this open the door to multiple possibilities !

regards!

enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  enrique Fri May 13, 2011 7:00 pm

i am going to download the new beta to test it out,
have had you time to fix something about zephyr? or exporting to tcx?

thanks!

enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm

enrique wrote:i am going to download the new beta to test it out,
have had you time to fix something about zephyr? or exporting to tcx?

thanks!

Yes;

current version exports hr data in garmin format.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Empty Download location

Post  kadmo23 Wed May 18, 2011 6:54 pm

please someone give me a hint, where to get the beta. Would love to test the new gpx-hr-export but can't find the right place...

thanks for your fantastic work!

kadmo23

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed May 18, 2011 7:02 pm

kadmo23 wrote:please someone give me a hint, where to get the beta. Would love to test the new gpx-hr-export but can't find the right place...

thanks for your fantastic work!

here --> http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  kadmo23 Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 pm

thanks, export and import to endomondo.com (thats what I am using) is working very well. The hr-data is now perfectly imported. Will try tracking with this version the next days!

Thank you very much!

kadmo23

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannes Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks Orux, for integrating the heart rate data in sync with the gps data in the exported gpx files.

I tested importing the gpx files in Google Earth, Zone Five SportTracks and endomondo.com with OruxMaps version 3.5.20 beta. I succeeded in visualizing the heart rate, elevation and speed data using these programs. Very nice!

Furthermore, I was curious to know how OruxMaps and the Zephyr HxM heart rate strap performed in comparison to the Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS watch with heart rate strap. I simultaneous used the Garmin Forerunner 305 (with 1sec update rate) and OruxMaps versions 3.5.20 beta during a little hour run. OruxMaps used the following hardware:
- Samsung Galaxy S running Froyo 2.2.1,
- QStarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS receiver (GPS position update: 1 second),
- the Zephyr HxM Bluetooth heart rate strap

In OruxMaps, I used the GPS settings: Minimal time = 0.5sec, Minimal distance = 0 meters.

The heart rate graph below shows a good resemblance between both methods used.
Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Heartrate20jun2011c

A zoom in on both tracks recorded (blue=Garmin Forerunner 305, red=OruxMaps) gives an idea of the performance of both gps receivers. Both tracks are shown twice as I went and returned along the same path.
Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Geview

As a conclusion, I can also confirm the gpx file export with heart rate data works well. Thanks for this feature.

Hannes

Hannes

Back to top Go down

Post  gomados Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Great job i tryed last beta and a can import heart rate with gpx file to sporttracks 3 with my zephyr hxm and galaxys2 like a do with my garmin oregon 550 and garmin heart rate, is the only aplication that can do this i tryed a lot of aplications but just thi can do this grat job, i wil make a donation for this fantastic program. Congratulations.

gomados

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  substitute Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi, is this still working in the latest beta releases? The gpx files that I've exported from Oruxmaps don't show the hrm data in Endomondo. The data is there when I view the track statistics in Oruxmaps but it doesn't show up once uploaded to Endomondo or Sports-tracker.com. So far I've tried 5.0 beta 14 and the stable release in Play store.

Also I can't get the heart rate graph working in the track statistics. I tick the box and choose "See graphics" but the graph is empty.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) and a Polar bluetooth heart rate monitor (the older version that was available from Sports-tracker.com online store).

Btw, big thanks to Orux for this app. It's amazing that we can enjoy such a high quality app for free, although I've decided to donate some money for it anyways Smile

substitute

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jogga Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Hello,
today I tried to export my track with the HR to sites like Endomondo, runtastic and others, but the HR is not visible.
But with automatic export mapmytrack, it works.
The gpx export with HR works you still? (I send the gpx file by mail and then I import it into the sites.)
I have also join 2 Tracks, perhaps its that... I Will try with a normal track tomorow.

Thks
Eddy

PS : I've already made ​​a donation for this great software !

Jogga

Back to top Go down

Post  Jogga Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Jogga wrote:Hello,
today I tried to export my track with the HR to sites like Endomondo, runtastic and others, but the HR is not visible.
But with automatic export mapmytrack, it works.
The gpx export with HR works you still? (I send the gpx file by mail and then I import it into the sites.)
I have also join 2 Tracks, perhaps its that... I Will try with a normal track tomorow.

Thks
Eddy

PS : I've already made ​​a donation for this great software !

For a simple track, it's ok !
bye

Jogga

Back to top Go down

Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Empty 5.0beta19 heartrate with Zephyr?

Post  Uli Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 am

With version 5.0beta19 I can't activate heart rate to be shown on the screen.
In older versions I had to push rec a bit longer.
If I do that now even speed, altitude and distance isn''t shown.
Only a short push activates these items but no heart rate and calories.
Did I miss something or what do I do wrong?
Uli
Uli
Uli

Cantidad de envíos : 129

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Uli wrote:With version 5.0beta19 I can't activate heart rate to be shown on the screen.
In older versions I had to push rec a bit longer.
If I do that now even speed, altitude and distance isn''t shown.
Only a short push activates these items but no heart rate and calories.
Did I miss something or what do I do wrong?
Uli

Hmmm; we have a problem with the old button bar, Uli,

I have added other possibilities and types of heart rate monitors (ANT + for example) and it will not be easy to maintain the one-touch activation, for different reasons.

In the current version, to activate the heart rate monitor you must use the new button bar, start the heart rate monitor and then start recording.

I will try to find a solution, but the old bar buttons soon will be obsolete. Why you do not like the new button bar?

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Zephyr HxM heart rate data in exported GPX file Empty 5.0BETA19 HEARTRATE WITH ZEPHYR?

Post  Uli Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Sorry, you are right.
I should have done that long time ago.
Sometimes one sticks to the old well known.
I'll give it a try on a bike tour tomorrow
Uli
Uli
Uli

Cantidad de envíos : 129

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Uli wrote:Sorry, you are right.
I should have done that long time ago.
Sometimes one sticks to the old well known.
I'll give it a try on a bike tour tomorrow
Uli

Thanks,

I can assure you that if I keep the old button bar is for you Shocked

But I'd like you to get used to the new one, is the way Android recommend to place the actions. Remember that you can put the buttons you use most in the sidebars, to have them hidden automatically, ...

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down