OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best track format kml or gpx

Go down

best track format kml or gpx Empty best track format kml or gpx

Post  Thomas Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Hello,
I have lots of tracks. Unfortunately I thought in the past that the best format is kml. I only have an Android phone for 1/2 year now. Before I used Nokia. Using the former tracking software on my Nokia I could open all kml files without problems.

Now with oruxmaps I can open most kml files. Some I can open but they do not show a track!? I can see the start point as waypoint and maybe another waypoint saying "tour 8817 ...) (the tracks are partly from gps-tour.info). If I dowload e.g. tour 8817 from gps-tour.info again the kml does not work. The gpx file does work.

Would you recommend to store future files in gpx format?

Any idea why the kml files do partly not work? Any changes in the kml format? Is there a chance to make the kml files work (e.g. adding or deleting data in the kml file using an editor) or do I have to go through all files, check wether they work or not and if not try to get the file as gpx...

Thanks for all comments
Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

best track format kml or gpx Empty Re: best track format kml or gpx

Post  orux Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Thomas wrote:Hello,
I have lots of tracks. Unfortunately I thought in the past that the best format is kml. I only have an Android phone for 1/2 year now. Before I used Nokia. Using the former tracking software on my Nokia I could open all kml files without problems.

Now with oruxmaps I can open most kml files. Some I can open but they do not show a track!? I can see the start point as waypoint and maybe another waypoint saying "tour 8817 ...) (the tracks are partly from gps-tour.info). If I dowload e.g. tour 8817 from gps-tour.info again the kml does not work. The gpx file does work.

Would you recommend to store future files in gpx format?

Any idea why the kml files do partly not work? Any changes in the kml format? Is there a chance to make the kml files work (e.g. adding or deleting data in the kml file using an editor) or do I have to go through all files, check wether they work or not and if not try to get the file as gpx...

Thanks for all comments
Thomas

Hi, Thomas.

Gpx saves a timestamp with each gps point. This helps with statistics,... Kml does not.

send me a not working kml --> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down