OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory

2 posters

Go down

RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory Empty RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory

Post  orux Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi all

There is a common error:
Open OruxMaps, then introduce new maps in sdcard. When you try to open them "Unable to open map" message.

SOLUTION: In menu "Restart Maps" will recreate maps database. Wait some seconds, and voila!

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory Empty Can't find the 'Menu'

Post  bluezetc Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am

Great App! Just What I need, but I have a few problems and this was one of them.

I don't seem to be able to find the 'menu' that has 'Restart Maps' on - am I missing something?

I am using a HTC Desire and assume it is the menu that comes up with the menu button on this phone, but that brings up the options:
'tracks, maps, waypoints, settings, tweaks and tools'

What I have been doing is switching off the phone and then restart OruxMaps to load new maps I have added.

I am trying to solve another problem trying to use tiff/twf files but I'll look around the forum first and then post a query.

Thanks for a really well thought out and designed app.

bluezetc

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory Empty Re: RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory

Post  orux Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

bluezetc wrote:Great App! Just What I need, but I have a few problems and this was one of them.

I don't seem to be able to find the 'menu' that has 'Restart Maps' on - am I missing something?

I am using a HTC Desire and assume it is the menu that comes up with the menu button on this phone, but that brings up the options:
'tracks, maps, waypoints, settings, tweaks and tools'

What I have been doing is switching off the phone and then restart OruxMaps to load new maps I have added.

I am trying to solve another problem trying to use tiff/twf files but I'll look around the forum first and then post a query.

Thanks for a really well thought out and designed app.

Hi, thanks;

You only need to use 'update maps' menu if you replace a map, or you modify 'by hand' the calibration files inside the sdcard. If you add a new map, OruxMaps should find it, if you go to the main screen.

The 'update maps' menu is in the main screen menu:
RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory Device_ini_en

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory Empty Re: RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory

Post  bluezetc Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks Orux - I don't know why I didn't notice that!

bluezetc

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory Empty New maps get deleted

Post  AndyGB Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Orux,

I've made some maps using both Atlas Creator and Orux Desktop. Either way I get two files inside my <mapname> folder. <Mapname>otrk2.xml and OruxMapsImages.db.

When I open Orux maps on android I see the map in the list with a little arrow next to it that switches position - but it won't let me select the map to view. When I exit Orux maps I find that the files have been deleted!

What am I doing wrong?

Andy

AndyGB

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:59 pm

AndyGB wrote:Hi Orux,

I've made some maps using both Atlas Creator and Orux Desktop. Either way I get two files inside my <mapname> folder. <Mapname>otrk2.xml and OruxMapsImages.db.

When I open Orux maps on android I see the map in the list with a little arrow next to it that switches position - but it won't let me select the map to view. When I exit Orux maps I find that the files have been deleted!

What am I doing wrong?

Andy

Hi, Andy;

OruxMaps does not delete files!

Copy your map folders (with the two files inside) in oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder.

Disconnect the sd from your PC. Check, with a file manager, that all the files are right.

Open OruxMaps; restart maps DB.

try to open the maps.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

RESTART MAPS! if you make changes in maps directory Empty Whoops Sorry

Post  AndyGB Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi Orux,

I'm not sure how but my SD card got corrupted and started scrambling and deleting new files I copied in. I've formatted and restored it and Orux now works perfectly.

Thanks for this great app. It literally is the best raster map software on Android.

Andy

AndyGB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down