OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map and waypoints deleted, PLEASE HELP

Go down

Map and waypoints deleted, PLEASE HELP Empty Map and waypoints deleted, PLEASE HELP

Post  jakob Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi,
I spent several hours finding a new path in really tough terrain today and recorded it with waypoints at the right locations.
I just loaded this track a "track" and loaded another old path/track as a route to compare it. However, since I found a dummy track in database I loaded this one and used "remove track" to remove it to clean up my tracklist.
But the problem is that the track that I recorded today got removed (not just from screen, but also from database). This is probally the way it's meant to be and it's a user error (since I apperently loaded new track as route and then ended up deleting my old track.

I checked the track directory and found two additional files with similar name, but both where 0 bytes. :-( Is there anything I can do to salvage my lost information?

As a sidenote would I just like to inquire how many that uses tracks and routes the way I do? The concept of "routes" is really confusing for me, all my tracks can be loaded as routes, but the main reason why I do this is to compare one track to another.
Would it not be better just to let tracks be tracks and enable users to display several tracks (comparing many tracks (3+) at same time would REALLY be usefull for me) on the screen at the same time (different colors) and then really consider everything loaded as a route to really be a route that you are supposed to follow?

Just some thought on how to improve things based on my own experiences.

Anyway, time to go to bed it seems that I have to get upp early tomorrow to find my todays path again... (please help!) Wink

jakob

Back to top Go down

Map and waypoints deleted, PLEASE HELP Empty Re: Map and waypoints deleted, PLEASE HELP

Post  orux Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm

jakob wrote:Hi,
I spent several hours finding a new path in really tough terrain today and recorded it with waypoints at the right locations.
I just loaded this track a "track" and loaded another old path/track as a route to compare it. However, since I found a dummy track in database I loaded this one and used "remove track" to remove it to clean up my tracklist.
But the problem is that the track that I recorded today got removed (not just from screen, but also from database). This is probally the way it's meant to be and it's a user error (since I apperently loaded new track as route and then ended up deleting my old track.

I checked the track directory and found two additional files with similar name, but both where 0 bytes. :-( Is there anything I can do to salvage my lost information?

As a sidenote would I just like to inquire how many that uses tracks and routes the way I do? The concept of "routes" is really confusing for me, all my tracks can be loaded as routes, but the main reason why I do this is to compare one track to another.
Would it not be better just to let tracks be tracks and enable users to display several tracks (comparing many tracks (3+) at same time would REALLY be usefull for me) on the screen at the same time (different colors) and then really consider everything loaded as a route to really be a route that you are supposed to follow?

Just some thought on how to improve things based on my own experiences.

Anyway, time to go to bed it seems that I have to get upp early tomorrow to find my todays path again... (please help!) Wink

Hi, jakob;

You can load two 'paths' to the map viewer:

A route: you can not modify it (continue, add/delete wpts). You can follow it, wpt navigation,...

A Track: You can start it when start recording, or you can continue an old 'path' loading it with 'continue track' option, and add/delete wpts.

From the map viewer, you can not delete a 'path' from the tracks data base, only remove them from the map viewer. If you want to delete a 'track/route' you have to go to the tracks list view.

May be I have to modify the labels,...

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down