OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cached images

3 posters

Go down

Cached images Empty Cached images

Post  twoten Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:58 am

Hi Orux,

When using downloaded maps is it possible to hide the images from the image gallery?
If I view the gallery the cache contains 21970 tiles which serve no purpose other than for use in OruxMaps. I have found I can hide an album which is a part fix but they are still shown within 'All Photos'.

If this is not possible can we have an option where the cache can be cleared?

Thanks,

Keith.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Cached images Empty Re: Cached images

Post  zmart Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:42 pm

You mean your gallery of your phone?
Then put an empty file ".nomedia" in the directory which files should not be shown in the gallery.
Works also with audio.
Hope this helps ..

zmart

Cantidad de envíos : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 pm

It helped but not quite as expected.

It turned out the cached images were from a Trekbuddy app I installed, then promptly removed however your advice was useful because after exploring a bit more about '.nomedia' files and placing the . before folders I have changed the cursor directory to .cursor so the cursors no longer show up in the android gallery.

Thanks zmart,

Keith.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:36 pm

twoten wrote:It helped but not quite as expected.

It turned out the cached images were from a Trekbuddy app I installed, then promptly removed however your advice was useful because after exploring a bit more about '.nomedia' files and placing the . before folders I have changed the cursor directory to .cursor so the cursors no longer show up in the android gallery.

Thanks zmart,

Keith.

Hi, twoten;

Are you talking about old oruxmaps map format? The images was stored in a set/ folder inside the map folder.

There was a tool in OruxMapsDesktop that changed the extension of .jpg images to .omc2 extension, and the images disappear from gallery.

But I removed this tool!

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:49 pm

orux wrote:
Hi, twoten;

Are you talking about old oruxmaps map format? The images was stored in a set/ folder inside the map folder.

There was a tool in OruxMapsDesktop that changed the extension of .jpg images to .omc2 extension, and the images disappear from gallery.

But I removed this tool!

orux

No,

It was me being stupid Embarassed
I found over 20,000 map tiles in the Android gallery and assumed it was the OruxMaps Cached files. I forgot I had at some point installed Trekbuddy and the files were from there. I have since deleted all the Trekbuddy folders left on my SD card so the problem is solved.
The information from zmart was worth knowing for future reference. It also pointed me in the right direction for hiding the cursor icons from the gallery.
It might be worth changing the cursor directory on the install to prevent the cursors showing up in the gallery.

Keith.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down