OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cached maps

2 posters

Go down

Cached maps Empty Cached maps

Post  MB Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 pm

The use of cached maps in the new version (2.6) is a really great feature. I have one question and some suggestions:

- Does Oruxmaps use the cached files or "new" data when I use online maps in areas (and zoom levels) that I have previously viewed?

- Cached maps could be a great source for creating ordinary maps for Oruxmaps. Would it be possible to include in a future version a function which moves (and/or converts?) cached maps to the offline map folder?

- Today, the cached maps are sometimes difficult to find because one has to choose an online map source before viewing the cached map. Could this be done in an easier way?

- Could you please include the Norwegian databases Statkart topo 2 and Statkart Sjøkart (marine maps) among the viewable maps?

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Cached maps Empty Re: Cached maps

Post  orux Mon May 10, 2010 8:20 pm

MB wrote:The use of cached maps in the new version (2.6) is a really great feature. I have one question and some suggestions:

- Does Oruxmaps use the cached or "new" data when I use online maps in areas (and zoom levels) that I have previously viewed?

Yes; first looks for in the database, if there is no match, goes online.

MB wrote:
- Cached maps could be a great source for creating ordinary maps for Oruxmaps. Would it be possible to include in a future version a function which moves (and/or converts?) cached maps to the offline map folder?

Working in a new version with this feature; perhaps this weekend I will have a beta.
MB wrote:
- Today, the cached maps are sometimes difficult to find because one has to choose an online map source before viewing the cached map. Could this be done in an easier way?

Hmmmm, I accept suggestions Smile
MB wrote:
- Could you please include the Norwegian databases Statkart topo 2 and Statkart Sjøkart (marine maps) among the viewable maps?

In study;

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down