OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps

2 posters

Go down

Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps  Empty Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps

Post  wudwork Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:36 am

I installed OruxMaps (v4.8.61) on my Droid Maxx, with Ice-cream-sandwich. I am using bluetooth GPS antenna XGPS150a with the "bluetooth GPS" program.

I took a google KMZ file, ran it thru Map2c then thru your Windows desktop app then saved into mapfiles folder. It all looks great until I start hiking. The traingle/arrow indicating current position is consistently approx. 40 feet from the trail as indicated on map. My friend has the exact same KMZ imported into his Garmin handheld and the triangle/arrow is directly on the trail. This suggests the KMZ is accurate.

Where can I find a setting to offset the positioning ? Any suggestions ?

All inputs welcome, thanx, Tom

wudwork

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps  Empty Re: Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps

Post  orux Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:07 pm

wudwork wrote:I installed OruxMaps (v4.8.61) on my Droid Maxx, with Ice-cream-sandwich. I am using bluetooth GPS antenna XGPS150a with the "bluetooth GPS" program.

I took a google KMZ file, ran it thru Map2c then thru your Windows desktop app then saved into mapfiles folder. It all looks great until I start hiking. The traingle/arrow indicating current position is consistently approx. 40 feet from the trail as indicated on map. My friend has the exact same KMZ imported into his Garmin handheld and the triangle/arrow is directly on the trail. This suggests the KMZ is accurate.

Where can I find a setting to offset the positioning ? Any suggestions ?

All inputs welcome, thanx, Tom

hello;

What map are you using? It must be a problem with the calibration of the map.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps  Empty Bluetooth GPS accuracy ?

Post  wudwork Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:29 am

The map I am using was "developed" as outlined in my initial post.

wudwork

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps  Empty Re: Bluetooth GPS, accuracy problem - Offline maps

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down