OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

several GPS errors

2 posters

Go down

several GPS errors Empty several GPS errors

Post  pelleoss Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi.
I've been using Orux for almost 2 years: great program!

One month ago I switched to the 5.5 rev and since then I'm facing lots of problems with gps fixing...
Occasionally, it couldn't fix the gps... I had to start google maps to lock gps and then go back to orux.
Then I installed GPS status and now gps fixing is quite fast, but still not precise.
Today, for example, Orux said my position was fixed and started to track, but for ~20 minutes it had ~1km offset, then magically it started to track correctly.
Several times it tracks some points very far from real route and this is not clear to me: I can understand it could not lock the signal and so it would skip some points, but why it records false points?
In particular today I was riding on flat ground, among the fields (no trees, no big building) with my phone in the pocket on my back, theoretically the best case to track correctly. Despite of that, I had the problems mentioned above.

I'm really sad about that... I love orux but it is getting unreliable... :-(

Last edited by pelleoss on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
pelleoss
pelleoss

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

several GPS errors Empty Re: several GPS errors

Post  orux Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:29 pm

pelleoss wrote:Hi.
I've been using Orux for almost 2 years: great program!

One month ago I switched to the 5.5 rev and since then I'm facing lots of problems with gps fixing...
Occasionally, it couldn't fix the gps... I had to start google maps to lock gps and then go back to orux.
Then I installed GPS status and now gps fixing is quite fast, but still not precise.
Today, for example, Orux said my position was fixed and started to track, but for ~20 minutes it had ~1km offset, then magically it started to track correctly.
Several times it tracks some points very far from real route and this is not clear to me: I can understand it could not lock the signal and so it would skip some points, but why it records false points?
In particular today I was riding on flat ground, among the fields (no trees, no big building) with my phone in the pocket on my back, theoretically the best case to track correctly. Despite of that, I had the problems mentioned above.

I'm really sad about that... I love orux but it is getting unreliable... :-(

Hi;

Check your gps settings in oruxmaps.

set 'minimum time' to zero seconds.

There may be problems with the gps if it has a bad 'hot start'. oruxMaps default settings are conservative (to save battery, the gps can be stopped between measurements), but these settings must be changed if the GPS has problems.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down