OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elevate - mapsforge style for openandromaps (for mountain hiking and mapping)

Go down

Elevate - mapsforge style for openandromaps (for mountain hiking and mapping) Empty Elevate - mapsforge style for openandromaps (for mountain hiking and mapping)

Post  eartrumpet Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 am

I have been adjusting the Openandromaps mapstyle for myself for quite some time. With the new theme switcher in Oruxmaps it's time to publish it.

It's called Elevate and is optimized for mountain hiking and mapping.

Here's a comparison with Openandromaps HC:
Elevate - mapsforge style for openandromaps (for mountain hiking and mapping) Elevat11

Many things are shown which usually aren't, for example landscape surfaces like rock, scree, scrup, ridges and aretes, springs, via ferratas etc.
Also the symbols are more consistent and on larger scales names of landscapes, buildings etc. are shown.

For me the name of alpine huts is more important than the symbol, so it's bold and red, and sometimes the symbol isn't shown.

Also important for me is that the difficulty sac_scale is easily seen with pathes, and also if there isn't that tag. That means T1=yello-orange, T2=blue, T3=red, T4+=dotted black, no sac_scale=dashed brown. Tracks without tracktype have red borders.
The designation of hiking relations is more unostrusive behind/as a border for paths and tracks.
Skie pistes are also more discreet without difficulty level.

You can download it here, installation as usual:
http://www.eartrumpet.net/elevate/Elevate.zip

I hope someone can use it, if there is the need and I have the time I might do a key for it. If you have any ideas or improvements feel free to contact me!

Changelog:
1.0 30/09/13
first public release

1.01-1.03 30/09/13
alpine_hut icon will only be shown at Zoom 16 or greater
elevation information for peaks, volcanos, alpine huts, saddles and mountain passes will only be shown at Zoom 16 or greater
bug fix

1.0.4 05/10/13
code clean-up
adjusted zoom-min/max and sizes for various captions
optimized swimming/spa etc.
added historic symbols
removed area for closed cliffs
more transparency in wood pattern

Last edited by eartrumpet on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:06 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated changelog)

eartrumpet

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down

Elevate - mapsforge style for openandromaps (for mountain hiking and mapping) Empty Re: Elevate - mapsforge style for openandromaps (for mountain hiking and mapping)

Post  eartrumpet Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:34 pm

There was a bug which fixed itself in my installations, now it should work on other installations too.

eartrumpet

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down