OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zephyr HxM bug and others

2 posters

Go down

Zephyr HxM bug and others Empty Zephyr HxM bug and others

Post  znaju Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:55 am

1. Oruxmap records a track beeing a service. Android can unload main Oruxmap runtime at any time, and in this case Oruxmap service will continue to record the track (as I understand).
When resuming then, Oruxmaps tries to restore its previous condition, but it fails:
a) it does not load a previously loaded route
b) it forgets completely about pulse recording, it does not record pulse while running as a service.
So pulse recording is pretty useless with oruxmaps, unfortunately.

2. Starting pulse recording must be more convenient. Long tap on "record track" is a bad solution. The ability to record pulse upon bluetooth connection must be enabled by default somewhere. I use OruxMaps in cold weather while doing winter sports. Just imagine a case: I put off my hand glove, my fingers are freezing (-15 degrees by Celcius). I press long tap, it starts, then it disconnects, I rerun it again, oh... Then with my cold fingers I need to reload the route, this is terrific.

And again: when using pulse recording it means one is doing sports. For a sport pulse recording is very important, so the pulse rate must me output in big numbers, this parameter is so important. It is much more important then almost unneeded GPS coordinates.

3. Russian translation is incorrect. In many cases "cache" is used instead of "on" (in the "turned on" meaning). This makes understanding rather difficult. I'll be glad to make it better, but how?

4. My Dell Streak, LG Optimus One often reboot when using OruxMaps. It happens when it stays in my pocket at winter. I don't know why, but OruxMaps must have an ability to restore it's state and to continue last track. Sometimes it offers me to continue, sometimes not. I don't know why, I'd like to have an ability to force to continue a previous track.

5. On Dell Streak the list for choosing a map type (Google, Yandex etc) has very small items. It can hardly be selected with a finger. This custom map selection dialogue was introduced in the beta version I suppose.

6. OruxMaps fails to load a GPX track exported from GPSies. I don't know why. It loads a track only through KML format.

Thanks for the attention! I'll be glad to help you. Your software is the best for Android for now, thank you for the development.

znaju

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Zephyr HxM bug and others Empty Re: Zephyr HxM bug and others

Post  orux Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 pm

znaju wrote:1. Oruxmap records a track beeing a service. Android can unload main Oruxmap runtime at any time, and in this case Oruxmap service will continue to record the track (as I understand).
When resuming then, Oruxmaps tries to restore its previous condition, but it fails:
a) it does not load a previously loaded route
b) it forgets completely about pulse recording, it does not record pulse while running as a service.
So pulse recording is pretty useless with oruxmaps, unfortunately.

2. Starting pulse recording must be more convenient. Long tap on "record track" is a bad solution. The ability to record pulse upon bluetooth connection must be enabled by default somewhere. I use OruxMaps in cold weather while doing winter sports. Just imagine a case: I put off my hand glove, my fingers are freezing (-15 degrees by Celcius). I press long tap, it starts, then it disconnects, I rerun it again, oh... Then with my cold fingers I need to reload the route, this is terrific.

And again: when using pulse recording it means one is doing sports. For a sport pulse recording is very important, so the pulse rate must me output in big numbers, this parameter is so important. It is much more important then almost unneeded GPS coordinates.

3. Russian translation is incorrect. In many cases "cache" is used instead of "on" (in the "turned on" meaning). This makes understanding rather difficult. I'll be glad to make it better, but how?

4. My Dell Streak, LG Optimus One often reboot when using OruxMaps. It happens when it stays in my pocket at winter. I don't know why, but OruxMaps must have an ability to restore it's state and to continue last track. Sometimes it offers me to continue, sometimes not. I don't know why, I'd like to have an ability to force to continue a previous track.

5. On Dell Streak the list for choosing a map type (Google, Yandex etc) has very small items. It can hardly be selected with a finger. This custom map selection dialogue was introduced in the beta version I suppose.

6. OruxMaps fails to load a GPX track exported from GPSies. I don't know why. It loads a track only through KML format.

Thanks for the attention! I'll be glad to help you. Your software is the best for Android for now, thank you for the development.

Hi, znaju;

Thanks for your suggestions:

1.-More or less. Is something I want to fix soon.

2.-Ok, I can add an option in settings. It is not easy to show many large on-screen controls. And everyone wants some concrete. I have to find a solution.

3.-I will send you the translation.

4.-You always can resume a track: menu--tracks, select a track, 'load as track'.

5.-I can add extra line spacing.

6.-Send me one of those files.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  znaju Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:03 pm

1.- Thanks.

2.- The solution is here:

- If BT is off, just start recording.
- If BT is on, look for paired HxM. If found, start recording together with pulse.

There can be no situation when BT is on, HxM is paired and on, but user does not want to record pulse. Look at how it is done in Endomondo, for example - user is not asked for unnecessary questions. Why ask? Design must think itself.

The same applies to external GPS recording. If configured, it should start whithout additional long press.
Please understand that in field conditions it's rather hard to distinguish long and short presses in conditions where touchscreen sensivity differs and the OS interface is not polished enough like in iPhone.

3.-I will send you the translation.
I asked you for it already by email.

4. "You always can resume a track: menu--tracks, select a track, 'load as track'"
That's too hard for using "in the field". It does not work really when you're on the road. I can cooperate in developing a suitable solution, I need to think a bit.

5. Previous dialogue (iPhone-like, finger-friendly) was much better. Extra line spacing will not solve unfriendly finger behavior.

Also it must be mentioned that one does not need all maps. For example, I use only two maps, but I see all this crap including maps which I never knew about.

6. Any file from GPSies would show you the problem.
For example, here it is:
http://narod.ru/disk/7438978001/H0.gpx.html

Hope you can pass captcha and download it.
But this is just the first file I've found on GPSies.

znaju

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down